• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Components with hover effects in linked library are not working in preview or web

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something odd appears to be happening and I'm not sure when it actually started so I can't say if it's related to a recent update or just something wonky with my install of XD. For reference, I'm on a Mac and using version 28.7.12.4.

I have an existing library file with custom assets that I've created which I link to my other design files. Items that are already in the file appear to work fine and inherit all the properties and effects (e.g., hover) that are placed on the master component. All linied components also appear to receive the updates that are made in the master library file.

Here's where things start behaving oddly. I add a new component that has a hover effect to the master library file. I go to my other design file and it recognizes there is an update available. I click update and the new component is there. When clicking on the instance of that component in the design file, I see that it has the hover state with the proper settings. However, when I preview the artboard - the hover effect does not work.

I've tried creating other components and the same behavior occurs. The only way that I can get the new components to work in preview mode is to unlink my library file and then add it back. However, this basically breaks all the associations I have on my artboard and ultimately forces me to recreate all my work. This has basically broken any workflow I have in place so I'm at a loss at how to actually add new components to my master library file that all my designs can use properly.

Anyone else seen this behavior? Or am I just being dense and missing something plainly obvious?

TOPICS
Design , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

This was confirmed as a bug with an Adobe Tech. It has been filed and will be addressed in a future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried doing the same on my end on Windows 10 and XD 28.7 and was unable to reproduce. I will also test this on a macOS meanwhile could you please link your master component to a new file to test if this happens with a new file as well or just with that specific file. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with a new file as well. I've even tried creating a new library file with a single component, linked it to a new file, and then tried adding a new component with a hover effect. Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was confirmed as a bug with an Adobe Tech. It has been filed and will be addressed in a future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines