Highlighted

Components with hover states should automatically go back to default state when previewing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

when i want to to test my component states in prototype mode, i have to put every single one in the standard component to test them, otherwise they stuck in hover mode. Shouldn´t XD put them automatically back in standard?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Topics

How to, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Components with hover states should automatically go back to default state when previewing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

when i want to to test my component states in prototype mode, i have to put every single one in the standard component to test them, otherwise they stuck in hover mode. Shouldn´t XD put them automatically back in standard?

Topics

How to, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "Standard" mode, are you referring to the "Default mode?"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Sorry in german it is standard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Just to be clear, states are set up so that you can use any variation or state as the default, and it's sticky. However, you can also set up interactions between them so that you can either have hover states or click through states. Here's a simple example: https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1193970397177356288?s=20

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for the explanation,

of course its great that Components behave like this, but when i have tons of component states it can take a while to set them back to default, to show the prototype.

Example: I design a button with a hover state, now when i set the button to the hover state in design mode and press play, i can not test the hover unless i choose the default mode in design mode. If i forget to do that with multiple components, it could be very time consuming. Maybe we could have a "default component button" that sets all the component back to default when i want to play my prototype. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

Is there anyway when previewing your work, have your components default back to "default state" automatically?

There are some components that I have hovers or other states and I usually forget to select default state before previewing and its quite annoying to keep going to all my components to select default state then preview.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That never happens in my workflow. But if that really happens... you can enter that idea as feature request

Please use adobexd.uservoice.com, this is the best place to send us feature requests. Your contributions can help us shape the future of Adobe XD.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines