• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Components within other components in them causes XD to display the layers incorrectly.

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there forum,

I've been trying to integrate the use of components in Adobe XD in the design process of the company I work at. I used to work with Sketch for years and their tool is great for creating consistensy in design and brand guidelines through the use of a Symbol Library. I've been trying to implement the same way of working in Adobe XD, by applying the Atomic Design Methodology by Brad Frost in a Component Design Library. After hours of effort creating a default version of this Library, I noticed that using serveral layers of components in other components (Atoms in Molecules in Organisms, see Atomic Design  for explanation) causes Adobe XD to mess up the layers and randomly duplicating deeper layers of components in other components (see video's for visual explanation on the issue). 

ThumbnailThumbnail

Dropbox: adobe-xd_components-library.mp4 

Dropbox: adobe-xd_components demo.mp4 

Is this something that Adobe is aware of, because this makes the whole idea of having components pretty useless to us. 

Software information

Adobe XD version: 27.2.12 (issue was excisting in previous versions though).

System information

Windows 10 Enterprise (2019) version: 1909.

Intel Core i7-8750CH CPU @ 2.20GHz

16.0 GB RAM

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Mike

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in response and thank you for sharing the file with us. I will investigate the issue with the files at my end and will get back to you shortly on this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while i was searching for an ability to share the files with you, i found an older copy on my drive and i was able to record a video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry, wrong thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines