• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy Artboard to clipboard

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to be able to easily/quickly copy an artboard to my computer's clipboard.  This makes it easy to paste images quickly into email/documnets to share.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Doesn't the current Copy/Paste feature work for you ?

Of course, the result depends on how 'smart' the receiving end is.

If you paste a whole artboard's content in Adobe Illustrator, all elements will be separately editable.

If you're working in an email application, the pasted content will be one large pixel image, because the mail content doesn't understand nor support the construction of all elements within.

So your mileage will vary...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried to copy and paste between Xd and an email, it worked fine so you should be able to do that. Select the artboard, or the contents, then either use the right click dropdown to select copy then paste or Ctrl(win) C & Ctrl(win) V to copy and paste with keyboard shortcuts. All these options worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't the current Copy/Paste feature work for you ?

Of course, the result depends on how 'smart' the receiving end is.

If you paste a whole artboard's content in Adobe Illustrator, all elements will be separately editable.

If you're working in an email application, the pasted content will be one large pixel image, because the mail content doesn't understand nor support the construction of all elements within.

So your mileage will vary...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeap, I guess I should have been more clear (my bad).  I just want to be able to copy a screenshot (image) of the artboard to the clipboard. 

And you're right Peter, it depends on the software/app.  Works exactly how I want it in Google Drive/doc, but MS Office is not liking it at all.

Problem fixed (reason = not a problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines