Highlighted

Copy > Paste a Master Component from one XD File to Another?

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a button master component complete with hover state in one XD file, and need to copy > paste it over to another XD file. However, once I do, I get a little link icon instead of the master component icon. If I unlink, it turns into a normal group, and when I turn it back into a master component, it has lost it's hover state.

How do I bring the original master component over to my other XD file, without it being a link, and still retain the master component and hover state?

Hi Danldurall,

By following the given stems you can get your master component without it being a link in another file

1. Copy the master component and paste it in the new file
  2. right click in the component in assets panel. A context menu will appear.
  3. Click on "Make Local component" in the context menu. The link icon will dissapear.
  4. Again right click on the component in the assets panel and in the context menu click on "Edit Master Component".The master component will appear in the pasteboard.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagriti

TOPICS
How to, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Copy > Paste a Master Component from one XD File to Another?

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a button master component complete with hover state in one XD file, and need to copy > paste it over to another XD file. However, once I do, I get a little link icon instead of the master component icon. If I unlink, it turns into a normal group, and when I turn it back into a master component, it has lost it's hover state.

How do I bring the original master component over to my other XD file, without it being a link, and still retain the master component and hover state?

Hi Danldurall,

By following the given stems you can get your master component without it being a link in another file

3. Click on "Make Local component" in the context menu. The link icon will dissapear.
  4. Again right click on the component in the assets panel and in the context menu click on "Edit Master Component".The master component will appear in the pasteboard.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagriti

TOPICS
How to, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danldurall,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagriti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 1
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ironic. This went unanswered all weekend so I sat down this morning to try again and coincidentally landed on the same steps you outline here, just as you post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay. Good to know that you solved your problem. Hope we could be of help sooner next time.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 1