• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/Pasted copies of component - the state animation bounces back to new state instead of default

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this is a weird one to word properly, but going to give it a try anyway. I've created a master component with a couple nested components - ultimately creating a bottom navigation bar for a mobile app I'm mocking up. I've gotten everything working great in there, but when I copy that component and paste it into another artboard (so that new artboard has the nav bar) I'm seeing a weird error. 

So, for example - I have a bottom nav bar that I created with a circle camera bar in the middle that has a couple little sub-menu bubble type flyouts. Default state is with the sub menu bubbles hidden. Second state is with those sub menu bubbles visible (like they sortof flyout from under the camera main icon). Again, the state change animation with prototype works great on the master, but when I paste a copy to another artboard and test clicking to toggle between those two states, the first click brings out the sub menu bubbles, but what should hide them back on the second click - they just sortof bounce and stay visible... it's like it's trying to go back to the default state, but something causes it to bounce back to the second state again. 

If this was something that errored on the master component, that'd be one thing - but it works fine there... it's on the copy/pasted version that I'm seeing the issue. I have a couple components that I've tried this with, and am seeing the same results. Master is great, but copy/pasted version bounces like I described. 

What can I do to fix this? Is this just a copy/paste bug with components? 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with XD. Please check out this uservoice request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs-read-only/suggestions/37719502-component-o... and see if this is the same functionality which is missing. If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you changed my title but this issue isn't about the design, it's about the fact that the prototype state changes aren't working properly on the copy/pasted component on other art boards. So, I've changed my title back to reflect my *acutal* issue.

Also, I received a message in my email stating that the issue was a bug and had been reproduced and that was filed with your dev team - but strangely I don't see that comment in here. This is a copy of what I received earlier today: 

"Feb 04, 2020 03:14 PM in Adobe XD
Re: Copy/Pasted copies of component - the state animation bounces back to new state instead of defau
Hi KLG1234,

Thank you for bringing this issue up, We tried from our end, its reproducible, the issue will fix this ASAP with the help of our technical team.

Regards,

Ashwini M Hiremath."

The issue you linked above is not at all what I'm experiencing. The design copies over just fine - it's the prototype that's having issues on the copy/paste to a new artboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for sharing the information shared with you. This will definitely help our customers having the similar issue. 

I will check with the team internally regarding this bug. We would request you to please wait until the team fixes the bug. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines