Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy SVG code from XD into text editor no longer working

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm running the latest version of XD (29.2.32.3) and I can no longer copy svg code from XD into a text editor such as VS code. I'm on windows 10 pro version 1909 OS Build 18363.836.

Previously I could create a vector in XD, copy it and paste the SVG code into VS code to use in my html. I used this feature every day and now when I paste the clipboard is empty. This is very frustrating, why remove the functionality? Or is it a bug?

The work-around is to copy the SVG from XD into Illustrator, then copy from illustrator into VS code, this works but the SVG code is somewhat bloated by illustrator in this process.

Alternatively there is a 'Copy SVG Code' plugin for XD which does the job but it's not as slick as the native copy and paste used to be.

Please can someone look into this as it's very frustrating and this was one of the features that made XD so awesome!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand it could be frustrating. We are seeing couple of users reporting the similar issue here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/40558384 Please submit your feedback here and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand it could be frustrating. We are seeing couple of users reporting the similar issue here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/40558384 Please submit your feedback here and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Harshika,

I've added my comment to the thread,

cheers

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines