• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash/Load]-Adobe XD freezes during the zoom operation.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

XD seems to be freezing whenever I try to zoom in. I am required to restart the program everytime this happens.

Looking forward to the bug being fixed.

Thank You.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Thanks for sharing the information asked by Rishabh, Serhii.  As far as I know the bug was fixed with XD 31 version. If you're still running into the same issue. We would need some more specific information so that we can reopen the logged bug.

• Does it always freeze on zoom (or only sometimes)?
  • How was the zoom command given (using mouse wheel, the touchpad, the zoom dropdown, the zoom tool or a specific keyboard shortcut (like Ctrl+1 etc.))?
  • I am unable to find the logs with the name in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version of Adobe XD are you using? Could you list the features of your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD should be the latest version (27.0.12).

Features:

-  Intel Core i7- 7500U CPU @2.70 GHz.

-  16 GB Ram.

-  Nvidia GeForce 930MX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked if there are any updates available for your OS and graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes- they seem to be updated to their latest drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear your XD is freezing while using the zoom operations in XD. Would you mind confirming if it's happening with cloud documents or local documents as well? Have you tried reinstalling XD? If that doesn't fix the issue, please generate the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html along with a sample file and upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and then share the url with me over a private message.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.

I've noticed the bug is replicated when I rapidly "zoom in". What I do is to "zoom in" carefully to avoid the crash which is annoying 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francis,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and computer specification.
  2. Does this happen on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Does this happen with a locally saved document or a cloud document or both?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe XD team. 

Wheni work on projects in XD on my windows computer, it keeps freezing anytime I try to:

1) Zoom in or out.

2) When it is saving to the cloud.

Any remedy to this problem?

Looking forward to hearing from your guys.

{Renamed  By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD and version of the Windows Operating System.
  2. Does this happen on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please check if your system's graphics card drivers are up to date as per the manufacturer's website?
  4. You can also try re-installing the Graphics Driver and then reboot your machine and check again.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD keeps freezing, and it's geting worse and worse.

- it happens on all projects, either from the cloud or from my computer, on small (10 page wireframes) or bigger projects (100 page designs)

- I am on Win 10 64-bit, my laptop is a Lenovo, processor: Intel Core i7-9750H, CPU @2.60GHz, 32 GB RAM. It's a high end laptop, so obviously my specs are not the issue.

- windows and drivers are all updated

- Adobe XD version: 27.1.12.4 , Creative Cloud Sync: 4.3.28.24, but this happend to previous versions as well. It just keeps getting worse though.

Fortunatelly, only the canvas freezez, so I can still save the file. I save the file, close XD, then open again, and everything's fine. Then some time later it happens again. It's annoying to keep having to shut it down and open again several times per day. In the past few months it was maybe once or twice per day, but now is at least 10 times per day. Usually it happens whenever I zoom in/out, or pan the canvas, sometimes when I'm in the Prototype or Share panels, but I can't say there is a pattern to it.

Need this fixed please! Thanks.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I (and a coworker) are having the same issue. it happens at least once a day that XD freezes and I need to restart XD. We are on windows 10. I have a brand new Windows Laptop and everything is up to date. I can't find anything addressing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with XD which keeps on freezing the canvas while doing a zoom operation or panning across the canvas. We would like to know a few more details like-

• Is it happening in both cloud and local documents in XD?
  • Have you checked the latest update to your graphic card drivers?
  • Do you have any antivirus installed in your machine?
  • Could you please share the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app over a private message?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue on Windows 10. Maybe started in the last couple of version updates, im not sure, but im seeing it more frequent. It seems to happen when i zoom in or out too quickly. As you say you can still save etc. you just cant navigate the canvasses.

Related to this it would be great if there were some default zoom shortcuts e.g. 100%, view all, view selected canvas etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It started 2 months ago.

I can save my work but I have to open and close XD.

It happen on different computer (Dell Latitude 5490 / Alienware and My Macbook pro) I hope it will help you. 

Thank you for your feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't done so already, can you share the log files with Harshika over a private message? It will help the team reproduce and fix the bug.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too - exactly the same issue - it's driving me crazy.

Any fix for this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that you're experiencing freezing issues while zooming in XD. Could you please share few more details like-

• Would you mind telling us if it's happening with all the files or with a specific file?
  • Is it possible for you to share the screenshot of your about XD info page?
  • Could you please check if your system's graphics card drivers are up to date as per the manufacturer's website
  • We'd suggest try re-installing the Graphics Driver and then reboot your machine and check again.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the latest vrsion of XD - 28,3,12

It must have happend at least 20 times yesterday... it's utterly sporadic.

Does it with large files and new files with little in them.

Graphic drivers are up-to-date - running an i7 with GeForce GTX 1060GB

It will do it when you try and scroll the page or xoom out, it freezes.. but the menus still work and you can still technically work on the canvas (but it's frozen).

It also happens on another machine with a different spec in work (i'm at home) but can;t get the spec for hat currently...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the additional information. Would you mind sharing a sample file along with the log file using this tool : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html? Please upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with me over a private message.

I will try my best to escalate the issue to the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help I am having exact issue as well Adobe XD and Photoshop is crashing when  I use zoom. All my adobe and video card are update to the latest version. It has been happening since January.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm the version of Adobe XD and the Operating System? Also please confirm if this happens on a specific file or multiple files? 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dickyjoe,

Could you please confirm if the issue is resolved or let us know if you need more assistance on the issue? We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 
I started to experience the same bug today unexpectedly. I've been working for 5 hours and then it started freezing. 
It freezes instantly if I zoom, but even if I don't it freezes after ~5 seconds. 
It's only cloud documents that are freezing. 

I tried to open a local document on my PC and a cloud document, I quickly pressed ctrl-a ctrl-c in the cloud document, then went to local and pressed ctrl-v, it pasted all the content but the artboards. 

When it freezes it sits on 0.1% cpu load, 700MB RAM load, so nothing critical, it doesn't say that it has issues, just freezes and does not repond to anything. It's the cloud document that is frozen, local document proceeds working.

I have acer swift sf314-56 laptop with latest windows update. (i5, 8gb of ram, integrated graphics)
Would be nice to have an option to roll back an update or something like that...

P.S. I've been doing a lot of line work in one artboard, playing with shapes, with a lot of crazy color gradients, then I left it, it must have saved to cloud and then problems started. Quickly deleting said artboard doesn't fix the issue and I don't fix it's the reason why other documents are crashing.

EDITED: 23 minues after posting this everything is working ok. 

Kind regards,

Ilia Vikulov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Happens to me as well. 

I'm going nuts. I was in the middle of a deadline project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines