[Crash/Load]-Adobe XD freezes during the zoom operation.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

XD seems to be freezing whenever I try to zoom in. I am required to restart the program everytime this happens.

Looking forward to the bug being fixed.

Thank You.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Thanks for sharing the information asked by Rishabh, Serhii.  As far as I know the bug was fixed with XD 31 version. If you're still running into the same issue. We would need some more specific information so that we can reopen the logged bug.

• Does it always freeze on zoom (or only sometimes)?
  • How was the zoom command given (using mouse wheel, the touchpad, the zoom dropdown, the zoom tool or a specific keyboard shortcut (like Ctrl+1 etc.))?
  • I am unable to find the logs with the name in the screenshot. Could you please try uploading the logs again to the shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and then share the url with us over a private message?

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please share the url of the post over a PM for reference.

I am also merging the post with the similar discussion happened in past. 

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
Crash on windows, Design, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 13, 2020 4
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is anyone having issues with the new Adobe XD update? Adobe reported a bug with the new update where the application freezes when performing certain actions such as zoom - I have to force quit and reopen the application about twenty times a day. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my desktop. Trying to resolve as quickly as possible! Any suggestions would be great. 

{Renamed By MOD}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, we'll try our best to help you with it. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. Is it happening while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Do you have an external monitor connected along with a primary screen? If yes, will it be possible for you to test this on a primary screen?
  4. If you have a Windows Operating System, please ensure that the graphics card driver is up to date as per the manufacturer's website.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My XD freezes almost every time I'm zooming in. And I've noticed that it's more often if I'm using stylus Wacom. But the same with the mouse. No matter if it a cloud document or local. Also seems like if I'm zooming carefully, it works ok. Not sure.

I tried to save logs but the tool is bugy, it couldn't upload the file and if I cancel the uploading, the folder where it should save is empty.

serhiih64749118_0-1596626848452.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Serhii,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. Do you use an external monitor along with a primary screen?
  3. Please ensure that the Wacom driver is up to date as per the manufacturer's website.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Adobe XD is updated. Windows 10.

serhiih64749118_0-1596633432816.png

2. Yes, I have two monitors but using the main one for XD.
3. Wacom is updated. Also, Nvidia drivers are also updated.

The bug is still there.

serhiih64749118_1-1596633488629.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information asked by Rishabh, Serhii.  As far as I know the bug was fixed with XD 31 version. If you're still running into the same issue. We would need some more specific information so that we can reopen the logged bug.

• Does it always freeze on zoom (or only sometimes)?
  • How was the zoom command given (using mouse wheel, the touchpad, the zoom dropdown, the zoom tool or a specific keyboard shortcut (like Ctrl+1 etc.))?
  • I am unable to find the logs with the name in the screenshot. Could you please try uploading the logs again to the shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and then share the url with us over a private message?

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please share the url of the post over a PM for reference.

I am also merging the post with the similar discussion happened in past. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still sitting with the same problem as well even after the supposedly 31 fix. I've downgraded and reinstalled Xd even. It mostly freezes on click + drag to zoom.

Specs
Adobe Xd 31.2.12.4, Creative Cloud 4.3.51.3

Windows 10 build 1941.450
Intel i7-8750H CPU @ 2.2GHz
16GB Ram

8Gb Nvidia GTX 1070 with Max-Q Design Driver 451.67

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the issue while zooming in XD and thanks for sharing the information. Is it possible for you to share the logs with us over a PM. You may generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and then share the URL with me. Please share your Adobe ID as well.

Note: Please add the url of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop trying to add more things that XD can do and fix the extreme crashing that started in the summer updates. I can't save enough to keep up with the crashes. Crashes on zooms, copy and paste seem so 90's psd. I don't care about flows etc... Just make a program that works. - Thank you.

{Renamed By MOD}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and the Operating System.
  2. Is it happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please collect and share system logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I'm on Windows 10 home running the latest XD using an external monitor. Everything on my computer is up to date. The issue happens all the time. I'd like a solution urgently. This has happened 3 times in 30mins of using XD.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys like above. I didin't look how to solve it byt after last few up[dates it\s getting more often to freez.
You can save documnents etc. by using keyboard shortcurts. Close program and lunch it again.
I inly fouynd topics where are no solutions to my problem.

Jacek

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share the information asked here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-adobe-xd-freezes-during-the-zoom-operation/m-p/10...

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello can you specify little bit more? In link I can many, different request from "Adobe". Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Koval LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the same zooming-crash bug for the past year across four different computers, two operating systems, along with the same and different files. It seems like the canvas stops rendering properly and sometimes freezes mid-raster while the UI keeps working.

Please QA and fix this bug, it's severe enough for me to consider alternate software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 0