• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD is crashing while editing text.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am in trouble with the latest version of xd. When I start typing with the text tool, it just crashes the app.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. In addition to what our experts have asked and suggested, I would suggest changing focus like minimizing and maximizing the XD window that helped various customers in past.

I am also checking with the team if there is a bug logged for this issue.

I will update here as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Update: I checked with the team, there is already a bug logged for the issue and they identified that it's a Microsoft issue and they are working with the team to identify the root cause of it. 

We will update you as soon as the issue is fixed. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 231 Replies 231
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Codersuraz,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. We would like to know a few more details  like-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through exactly the same problem (both for new files, as files already saved on the computer or in the cloud)...

I even restored windows (completely deleting the system and reinstalling), but still yes, when returning and installing version 24.3.22 of xd the problem persists. One of the steps to try to solve was to go back to version 24.0.22 and thus go testing until you reach the latest version (updated today 24.4.22) that is still presenting the problem.

I have a staggered case open and I'm still waiting for an Adobe placement.

I use Windows 10 Pro (x64) with the 19030.1 build on a Core i5 9400F with 16Gb of ram and a 4Gb GTX 1050TI.

The last event log generated is here:

Name of failed application: XD.exe, versão: 24.4.22.1, carimbo de data/hora: 0x5dd39dd8
Faulty module name: msftedit.dll, versão: 10.0.19030.1, carimbo de data/hora: 0xc53a46bb
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Failure offset: 0x0000000000086ae2
Failed process ID: 0x1e2c
Failed application start time: 0x01d5a4588202b40f
Failed application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_24.4.22.1_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Failed module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msftedit.dll
Report ID: 41bc0273-3908-4a5b-9a7e-bae9680a5602
Full name of failed package: Adobe.CC.XD_24.4.22.1_x64__adky2gkssdxte
Application ID for failed package: App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

I am using windows 10 and xd version 24.4.22

It is happening with all the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details, Codersuraz. Would you mind sharing the OS build version and generate the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the url with me over a private message along with the Adobe ID, phone number and location?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. 

After the latest update, every time I try to edit or create a textbox the app freezes then crashes systematically with no error message. I disabled fontkit, uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, with no success. 

I also rolled back to a previous version with the bug still persisting. 

This is very annoying since I cannot use the app anymore. And my clients are expecting deliverables this week. 

Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. For quick assistance, I suggest getting in touch with the team using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m

If you would like me to raise a support case for you for investigation, send your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. I will do my best to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with version 24.4.22.1 on Windows 10 1903 Build 19030.1

Has any one solved this issue or will Adobe fix this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you run the log collector tool on your computer https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , upload the log files to a shared location, and share the URL here with me? Also look at my post above for other support options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The Team is aware of the issue and is working on it to fix the issue as soon as possible. We will let you know as soon as we hear any update on the same. You may try rolling back to the previous version where the text tool worked fine for you using this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col...

We apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

I have collected the log and uploaded it named as AdobeLogs_20191204_124026_179-win.zxp .

Adobe XD Version 24.4.22

Here are the system Preferences: 

Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1903

OS.build: 19028.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the name of the log files. However, the issue is still under investigation. We will let you know as soon as we have any updates on the same.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XD Crashes when i try to edit text

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karim,

We are sorry to hear you're facing trouble. We would like to know a few more details like-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Could you please share a short video of the issue? So that we can understand better.

We would also request you to please generate log files using the information provided in this document <https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html > After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference.

Let us know if you face any trouble with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karin,

Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing issue while editing text or the issue has been resolved? We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still happening to me every time i try to edit an English text and
write in Arabic instead it crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide us with the name of the Arabic font that you are using, and how we can download it to see if we can reproduce the issue at our end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon trying to create a text box, or opening up an old document and editing an already created text box the program almost instantly crashes after around 5 seconds of being frozen after letting go of hte click button after a drag of the text tool.

flgxjM0oUh.gif

Can someone suggest a fix for this? I need to get a project done urgently but cant due to this crash. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having major issues editing text in Adobe XD. Sometimes I can select with the arrow tool and edit, sometimes with the text tool, but more often than not, I have to shut down and reopen the program a few times to get it working again. This happens about 6-8 times an hour. It's really slowing down my project, So much I feel like it would be faster to learn another tool. Also when the I have used the type tool, I cannot zoom out and must select another tool to do so. This never used to happen before. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a prev version but having the same issue. Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gailmackenzie,

We apologies for the frustration while editing text in Adobe XD. We will try our best to help you out with the issue. We would need few more details to investigate the issue.

• Would you mind sharing the OS & XD version of your machine?

One of the user reported the similar issue, but after updating the Operating system the issue seems to be fixed for him. Could you please check if your systems need an update? 

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer able to add text or change text in my XD file. When it first occurred, I quit and it worked. Now I am trying to quit and restart and am still unable to change text in XD. My program is up-to-date. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't sound good. Can you provide me with more info on how to reproduce your issue? What's the font and font size you are using? Any info that can help me recreate your issue would be useful. If you are in a rush, I suggest getting in touch with our tech support team directly using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Isak, 

Sorry for the trouble. We have seen a similar query has been raised here:https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-is-crashing-while-editing-text/m-p/10736764. Could you please share the information asked and try the solution? 

I am also merging your post with the same post link shared. We will follow up with you there. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Adobe XD.
The program quits unexpectedly when editing text.
The update was recently completed, but the error continues.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines