Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Adobe XD on macOS.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I haven't opened Adobe XD in a while but tried to yesterday and today and have yet been unable to. The icon will bounce a few times then remain stuck in a "not responding" state (See attached screenshot). I'm wondering if I had too many files open or something? Maybe my mac can't load everything into memory that was open? I tried uninstalling, but it didn't help. I'm running MacOS 10.15.3. XD is version 28.4.12.3.

Any ideas? Wondering if I can somehow drop all the files that XD has open somehow?

EDIT: After letting it run for a while in that not responding state, it finally crashed. I added a screen cap of the crash report.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Crash on mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

It might be related to Adobe's user license authentication, but also auxilliairy user dependent stuff.

Since you mentioned that Sketch is also having problems, the one thing they both share are fonts. 

Are you using some font management tool ?

Could you disable all user activated fonts ?

To be sure, sign out in the Adobe CC panel.

Restart Mac, sign into Adobe CC, open XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Hi there,

Please ensure you are using the latest version of Adobe XD. If you need help with updating the app, see- Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.

If you have the latest update, or if updating did not solve the issue, try the following solutions in the order in which they are listed:

1. Perform a clean install:
    • Uninstall XD using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and re-install the application. Open XD to see if the issue has been resolved.
  2. Boot your computer in the safe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dulan,

I apologize for this frustrating expereince. Please check out Corey's response in message #3 on this link: - Re: ADOBE XD keeps crashing on Mac 10.14.4​ and see if you could try the suggestions.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem as you do you have an idea how to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE STILL THE SAME PROBLEM A FEW MONTHS!!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I HAVE TO USE IT FOR SCHOOL AND THAT SHIT PROGRAM STILL DOESN'T WORK!

IT MAKES ME ANGRY!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my side : app crashing at launch. I tried to clean and reinstall but nothing works...
Does anybody know how to find a solution? Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange thing was, that after I reported my issue (see above) the next day I restarted my Mac and everything worked fine (and does ever since).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all those of you that are still facing this issue, I suggest trying the solution in this doc Adobe XD crashes, unstable, or displays rendering artifacts in macOS 10.14.4

If that did not help, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number using a private message along with the URL of this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a 404 when visiting this link. Could you repost the solution here? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shannon,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is it crashing on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Does it crash while performing a specific task or it crashes randomly?
  4. Is it happening while working on a local file or cloud file or both?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I've had a problem with Adobe XD for some time (probably few days). It doesn't want to run at all. There are two options how it behaves:
1. it doesn't start at all but displays an error report
2. it starts, but display loading symbol all the time and doesn't react to anything

What I've tried so far is:
1. Reinstallation XD
2. Uninstallation with all my personal settings and installed completely fresh XD
3. Complete uninstallation of Creative Cloud and all related programs like Illustrator and Photoshop
4. Cleaning Adobe hosts files
5. Installation of a previous version of Adobe XD

After dozens of attempts, still no result. On my mac book air everything works okay, when for more demanding tasks I switch to mac book pro, Adobe completely does not start. It is worth mentioning, that programs like Photoshop or Illustrator worked perfectly.

I'm throwing a screen of my setup:

Zrzut ekranu 2020-03-6 o 15.07.28.png

I am completely cut off from work and don't know what to do next. Now I tried to get at least a bug report, but I can't. I don't think it's my system's fault, because it was formatted about 3 weeks ago and all the other programs work perfectly.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble launching XD. We would request you to please try the solution mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html and if that doesn't help, please generate the log using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app and share the url with me over a private message.

It would be really helpful if you can share the screenshot of your about XD info page.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika, 

thank you for answer. Do you have a similar instruction for macos users? As I mentioned in the subject, I use two macbooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika, any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone been able to solve this on mac? Im currently unable to design anything, completely cut off, help! already check for adobe updates, os updates, internet connection....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very sorry, but I didn't get any sensible help. The instructions I received are for Windows. Could I have the relevant instructions for macos?

I've been trying to solve the problem on my own all weekend. What I got was:
I uninstalled everything related to Adobe from my computer, including deleting all settings files, caches, etc. Then I reinstalled everything freshly. The program is very slow, but it starts up (it takes a few minutes), but after opening any file, every operation like changing the background requires a long loading:

My hardware setup is:

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
  • 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor
  • 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • SSD 512

It's not a rocket anymore, but it seems to me that no sensible software should run as slowly on this computer as Adobe XD does. I've done all the appropriate tests and I don't have any hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry for the delay in response. I understand it could be frustrating for you. I would feel the same in your situation. Would you mind sharing the log files with me over a private message as you have already tried so many steps at your end?  You may generate the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with me. 

I would also request you to please share the Adobe ID, Phone number and location with me over a private message so that I can escalate the issue to the team.

For immediate assistance, you may also get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem; Adobe XD starts, but displays loading symbol and is not able to load any of my Cloud files.

I believe I have narrowed the issue down to occuring when the Macbook Pro resumes from sleep. I haven't been able to consistently fix the issue: sometimes I have had luck when rebooting the machine, sometimes logging out and logging back in to CC, and I've even performed a repair of CC. It is unbelievably frustrating!

The remainder of CC apps work fine, but most of my workflow is in XD these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Specs:

Mabook Pro 15-inch 2019 (MacBookPro15,3)

Intel i9 2.4Ghz

32GB RaM

Radeon Pro Vega 20

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 (had the issue on 10.15.3 as well, don't recall whether I had it on 10.15.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrejs,

Sorry for the delay in response. I'd request you to ensure that you're using the latest version of Adobe XD. Please check this link to keep Creative Cloud apps up to date (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html#Autoupdate). 

Please update this discussion in case the problem persists, we'd be happy to take it further. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where you able to get XD to work? I have a Mac and I have no luck opening XD, I alredy posted on the forum... let's see if I get any quality answers... I feel Adobe should have this type of issues more under control... I see there are many, many of us with these issues and the support afforded is not something to brag about...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my ADOBE XD is crashing on BIG SUR .looks alot ppl has this problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have a similar issue. Adobe XD starts to launch, but stops before it is done. I attach a screenshot here. It just sits like this forever, and nothing happens. When I try to quit, it won't quit, so I have to force quit. I have also unsuccessfully tried to open files directly.

I have tried:

- reinstalling Adobe XD

- reinstalling a previous version

Please help asap!!!!

Thank you

Skjermbilde 2021-02-08 kl. 18.15.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue, were you able to solve it? how???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i keep getting a constant crash at start up and i tried using the cleaner tools and have uninstalled XD and reinstalled it multiple times and quite at my wits end
can anyone help me?

Process: Adobe XD [1852]
Path: /Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe XD
Identifier: com.adobe.xd
Version: 35.3.12.2 (35.3.12.2)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Adobe XD [1852]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2021-01-12 02:36:16.995 +0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.1 (19B88)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: CD202D50-367D-9957-5302-B1D8451A3AD5

Time Awake Since Boot: 2800 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x5] Code Signature

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/CommonInterop.framework/Versions/A/CommonInterop
Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe XD
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/CommonInterop.framework/Versions/A/CommonInterop: code signature invalid for '/Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/CommonInterop.framework/Versions/A/CommonInterop'

/Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/CommonInterop.framework/Versions/A/CommonInterop: stat() failed with errno=1
/Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/CommonInterop.framework/Versions/A/CommonInterop: code signature invalid for '/Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/CommonInterop.framework/Versions/A/CommonInterop'

Binary Images:
0x10f5a4000 - 0x113f3a707 +com.adobe.xd (35.3.12.2 - 35.3.12.2) <70CEA0A4-5477-31D3-83ED-FD971D8DA5E8> /Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe XD
0x11856a000 - 0x118570ff7 +org.cocoapods.GoogleUtilities (6.7.2 - 1) <5EA3FA2F-7DA0-37F5-9622-5A994599512B> /Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/Frameworks/GoogleUtilities.framework/Versions/A/GoogleUtilities
0x118587000 - 0x11858efff +org.cocoapods.nanopb (1.30906.0 - 1) <37ED3CFC-F2AB-34EE-A78F-4F7029AE9212> /Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/Frameworks/nanopb.framework/Versions/A/nanopb
0x11859d000 - 0x1185acff7 +org.cocoapods.FBLPromises (1.2.11 - 1) <9B3E4982-2B5D-3B35-B3B5-9AC3467529A8> /Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/Frameworks/FBLPromises.framework/Versions/A/FBLPromises
0x1185d8000 - 0x1185e3ffb +com.adobe.AdobeCrashReporter (7.9 - 8.0.3) <C64B8E40-63FC-3F99-A783-A923A8418EBF> /Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/Versions/A/AdobeCrashReporter
0x1259d5000 - 0x125a65b5f dyld (733.6) <DAFEA246-2F9A-3DCB-A37C-4246D4F92770> /usr/lib/dyld
0x7fff315d3000 - 0x7fff315d3fff com.apple.Carbon (160 - 162) <56A09CBE-D5EB-3918-B42B-B3ABFF52E1D1> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon
0x7fff31f9b000 - 0x7fff324aaffa com.apple.audio.CoreAudio (5.0 - 5.0) <73C7F0DD-8919-3056-AB1F-67705F942A04> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
0x7fff37e57000 - 0x7fff37f1aff9 com.apple.Metal (212.2.3 - 212.2.3) <AA7DE079-2DFD-3E9F-A041-464CFBE1ABAE> /System/Library/Frameworks/Metal.framework/Versions/A/Metal
0x7fff37f1c000 - 0x7fff37f36ffc com.apple.MetalKit (141.1 - 141.1) <B210E250-B13F-3E6E-BD40-CAE44A1C131F> /System/Library/Frameworks/MetalKit.framework/Versions/A/MetalKit
0x7fff3f06c000 - 0x7fff3f3b2ff6 com.apple.security (7.0 - 59306.41.2) <FB3774D5-C940-35FB-960A-86253A01BDAE> /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security

Model: MacBookPro14,1, BootROM 202.0.0.0.0, 2 processors, Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 2.3 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.43f7
Graphics: kHW_IntelIrisGraphics640Item, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, spdisplays_builtin
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 4 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, 0x802C, 0x4D5435324C3531324D3332443250462D3039
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 4 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, 0x802C, 0x4D5435324C3531324D3332443250462D3039
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x170), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.106.3 AirPortDriverBrcmNIC-1435.3)
Bluetooth: Version 7.0.1f1, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0
USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus
Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 41.3

This is the Crash log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. To investigate this further, will it be possible for you to share the system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Please add the logs to a shared location and share the link through DM.

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive sent you a Dm with the system logs thank you for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines