• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash/Load] Crash when editing text with no fill (just stroke)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm using the latest XD version (currently 28.5.12.5) on Windows 10.

I have a few text elements in my composition that use border effect and no fill. Every time I try to edit these texts, Adobe XD freezes and crashes (it's replicable every time). There's a work around - turning fill on for the time of editing - however you might want to fix it, as it's easy to lose unsaved changes by accidentally activating editing of such element.

Best regards.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

On my XD, the same version as yours but on Mac, editing text with border does not crash the app - but I cannot see the selection highlight so I cannot tell which portion of text I am editing...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my XD, the same version as yours but on Mac, editing text with border does not crash the app - but I cannot see the selection highlight so I cannot tell which portion of text I am editing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I just noticed that the problem occurs with elements copied from Illustrator, while "native" text labels created in XD don't crash every time. These text elements look the same (in element settings), but I guess they differ on a deeper level and the problem lies more in import than in XD text option. Sorry for bothering you if it's Illustrator-side problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines