• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash/Load]-Error 2144 when trying to open a cloud document in Adobe XD.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to open a spesific cloud document in Adobe XD. 

Reproduction steps:

1) Open the cloud document in the latest version of Adobe XD on Mac

2) A dialog appears: Connecting (stays for 10-15 seconds)

Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 09.24.27.png

3) A new dialog appears: Unsaved changes - Your document has unsaved changes ... Save as or Discard Local Changes. Select "Discard Local Changes".

Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 09.58.31.png

4) A new dialog appears: Something went wrong. Close and reopen the document to continue working. (Error 2144). Close document.

Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 09.24.12.png

5) Press the "Close document" button and try again. The same thing happens.

Questions: 

Is there a known workaround for this issue? Anything I can to do wipe the unsaved changes and restore the cloud document to a working state? I tried saving the document as a new cloud document. There are two major issues with this: 

1) The version history from the original cloud document is gone

2) All the invited members are gone

(We have coediting (beta) enabled for this document.)

System info:

Screenshot 2020-03-11 at 09.56.55.png

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Crash on windows , Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Hi All.

The issue got fixed in XD 29 version. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues while opening the cloud document.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error on MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue but on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai la même erreur depuis 1h30. Je suis sous Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, first time seeing this error today. Was able to eventually open one of the files by restarting XD, but the other one with the same error refuses to work. Stop breaking these files with every update Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues opening cloud documents in Adobe XD. We would need a few more details like-

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes I can confirm that I have tried all the steps as mentioned here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

I found that after deleting the file and restoring it, the files is no longer shared with any members of my team. That's a bummer. It still doesn't work. Same error. 

I have successfully generated and uploaded log files using the log collector tool. 

The following file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal:

File: AdobeLogs_20200312_092547_576-mac.zip

I will download the file that I have issues with opening as a cloud document, and send you the link to that file on a DM. 

Thankfully, this file does only contain a few sketches and mockups, so it's no disaster if we're unable to recover. I have a backup (without an intact version history, though). However, if the same issue had happened to our main design systems file which is being linked to from all our cloud documents, it would have been a disaster for our workflow. So I would appreciate if we could get to the core of the problem and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Here is the screenshot that you requested. 

adobe-about.png

Cheers,

Ole Fredrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have this exact same issue. This is absolutely unacceptable. This software isn't beta guys. Get your act together, people's livelihoods are at stake when this type of stuff blows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totaly agree with you. This is not a BETA. People work with this software for there business ans peolple pay for the soft.

Please fix is bug and don't post beta version before testing fiability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

Thank you for your reply !

I followed the procedure "Restore your cloud documents" from your article and it seems to work but I lost all the members I added before the crash and I don't have access to the history anymore. Please keep us in touch if there's an update.

Thank you again,

Mélanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Here is the message:

"

Something went wrong

Close and reopen the document to continue working. (Error 2144)

"

I can't open the file.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is a showstopper. Please provide an update so teams can act accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My boss and I are also experiencing this same issue with files that were share with us. She's on a PC and I'm on a Mac. This is terrible!

- Cesar Caminero - cesarcaminero.pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. The team is aware of the issue and is working on it to fix it. You may see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "You may see the improvements in the future releases of XD."

Can you please be more specific? Will there be a hotfix for this issue as soon as it's resolved? Or do we have to wait for a possible fix some time in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that, this is an unacceptable response. There must be a hotfix for this issue. AGAIN, this is a showstopper bug. ESCALATE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

The issue got fixed in XD 29 version. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues while opening the cloud document.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that's music to my ears. Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got update this morning, so far so good, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem… it is so annoying.

You can switch to another computer. Then you can work on your document again.

Does anyone know, where the local changes are saved? I would like to delete them, so this "unsaved changes" dialog disappears and I can work on my file again.

But Adobe doesn't even have a guide on this simple issue…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand it could be frustrating for you. The team is aware of the issue and has logged a bug for the issue. You may definitely see the improvements in the future of realeases of XD.

We will update you as soon as we get any updates from the team. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having the same error. This is a design that I have been working on for weeks, with iterative changes and history with the client. And now this show stopper????? The crash is so bad, that Adobe does not event ask me share the crash report. 

I am willing to share the Design file that is cuasing the crash. We have tested trying to open the file on a few different machines and accounts. Same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear you ran into trouble. The issue is still under investigation. Would you mind confirming if it's a shared document? I would also suggest getting in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html so that you can get the real time assistance on the issue.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a cloud shared document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information. The team is working on it and you may definitely see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

However, you may also get in touch with support team if they can share a workaround solution with you.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines