• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code: 88 while opening file in XD.

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message reads: "There was an error opening the file (Error code: 88). This is not a valid XD document." I've tried updating XD and is now verson 24.0.22.19 and my file was saved in my computer. My computer is Windows 10. I appreciate your help, I've gotta get this done by this Friday 😞

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the file from  XD > File > Open > XD file.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup tried, doesn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Legendl

Sorry that you're getting Error code 88 while opening the file. I would to know if you can try to open this file on another machine and check if that works for you. 

In case the issue persists, please share the file so that we can investigate appropriately. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question - is this a cloud document or a local document that is giving you this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looked up the error on our side, and I'm wondering if you can go to the listing in your File Explorer and tell me how large the file is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the exact same issue but my file size is ZERO!!! not sure why this has happend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan, 

Sorry to hear you are having trouble opening the file in XD. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it a cloud docuemnt or a local document?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local doc.

xd version: 27.2.12.4, creative cloud sync 4.3.28.24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the additional information. Is it happening with a specific file or all the files? Have you tried to rename the file and then try to open the file? Before renaming make sure to copy the original file for the backup purpose.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a Specific file.

I've duplicated the file, renamed it and tried to reopen. No luck!

It still says 0kb  file size.

i recently updated my XD software, beforehand it was working perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps. Is it possible for you to share the file with me over a private message so that we can test at our end? You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app and share the url with me.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am experiencing error code 88 after trying to open a file saved in the cloud. It says the file size is 0 kb. I had a decent amount of work done last night (most recent time on the file).

Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the file from the cloud to the local storage and then try opening the file. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this already. The downloaded file does not work either and the file size is 0kb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I've found my work file on XD completely corrupted, the same situation stated by other users here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-error-code-88-while-opening-file-in-xd/m-p/107137...

Already tried the suggested tips with no success.

Currently the XD document is at 0 bytes with the following error thrown on opening:

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 10.44.55.png

The file was on local environment, not synced with the cloud. Here's my specifications:

Mac OS X 10.15.4

XD ver. 29.0.32.13

A solution to this in other to save my work would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issue with Adobe XD. If you've tried the steps mentioned in the post shared. Please share the file with me over a private message so that we can check at our end. 

You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with me over a private message.

Note: Please share the url of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, 

I just sent you a direct CC link via PM. 

Thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any news about my file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. I have logged a bug for your file so that the team can investigate on it. I will update you as soon as I hear back from the team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luca,

Thank you for your patience. The team would like to know  if you have run some export operations before upgrading XD? The XD document found at the link below has ZERO bytes. Do you mind sharing another XD document for testing?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't remember to be honest, probably yes. I mean I was used to work with that file with no problem, then I remember that Xd has been uodated by the CC clienr and the day after I"ve found the file corrupted. Unfortunately I don't have any backup, that one you have is the only one, in fact It would be awesome if you could fix it to get its content.Bests,Luca 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. I will share the same with the team and will get back to you with more updates.

I really appreciate your patience and cooperation while we are investigating on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luca,

Sorry for the long wait time. Unfortunately, the team tried their best to investigate on the isssue but it's very difficult for the team to work on 0KB file.

We would request you to please share the filewith us over a PM so that we can escalate it to the team for further investigation. Please make sure the file size is not 0KB.

Note: Please add the URL of this post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines