• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash/Load]-Error loading document. Invalid document type in XD.

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any help on this would be amazing!

I have read through the threads online and updated software, nothing seems to work.

I am running XD version 0.6.18.5

On, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.1

This is a weeks worth of work and I have a presentation in 10 hours, if there is anything you can do to help I would be so thankful.

Many thanks

Paul

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 18.11.14.png

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Hi,

Thanks for your answers, would you mind taking a look at the questions below please?

1. If you did not close XD while working on the file, you did not update XD because in that case you were forced to restart XD to apply the update.

2. Since you did not close XD and you got that error, i assume you kept the XD running, with potentially other open documents , and you open the file at which point you got the error, am i right?

3. While working on the XD file, did you save on a regular, daily basis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul, make sure you have Adobe XD version 0.6.18.5, released on March 7.  Check the About box to make sure you have this new version.  If not: open the Creative Cloud app, click the gear icon, then click Check for Updates.

(See this other forum thread for more details)

Please let me know if you have that version and you're still running into the same problem.

- Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter thanks for getting back to me, I have that version but still have

the problem.

Paul

On 22 March 2017 at 02:13, Peter Flynn (Adobe) <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Are you by chance on our pre-release build and this file was created with a later version of XD?  If you are still having issues, you can send the file over to me and I'll see about someone diagnosing the problem with the file. tan@adobe.com

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to learn more about your issue if possible:

1. You say you worked on this file for 1 week, did i get it right?

2. If yes, did you make any backups to your work?

3. Did you use only  0.6.18.5 for working on this document? Did you start working on your file using a previous version and upgraded to 0.6.18.5 in the meantime?

4. Did you close XD during your work on this file?

Thanks,

Mihnea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mihnea,

1. I worked on this file for 1 week.

2. I did not make a back up.

3. I may have updated the software during the week, I do not know the

version I was using but try to keep up to date on a regular basis.

4. I did not close XD while working on the file.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your answers, would you mind taking a look at the questions below please?

1. If you did not close XD while working on the file, you did not update XD because in that case you were forced to restart XD to apply the update.

2. Since you did not close XD and you got that error, i assume you kept the XD running, with potentially other open documents , and you open the file at which point you got the error, am i right?

3. While working on the XD file, did you save on a regular, daily basis? During those save operations, did you notice something unexpected?

4. What was the path to the saved file that gave the error? During your work, did you move the file in a different location on your storage? Did you perform a SaveAs operation instead of Save with this file?

5. I understand you are running OSX 10.11.1, can you tell us more about your hardware? I assume you do, but can you confirm you have enough space on your SSD?

6. Is this the only XD file giving errors?

7. Are you running antivirus software on your machine? If yes, can you tell us more about it and it's defined scan policies?

8. How big was the original file before becoming corrupted? Can you give us more details about the number of artboards, the number of images you were using in your design?

Thanks,

Mihnea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I've saved the file on my computer, later on try to save the file on a other disk. After that XD crashed and I had to restart it. My original file didn't work anymore and the file on the other disk wasn't saved at all.
2. sorry but I don't really understand this question.

3. Saved on a regular basis without any problems.

4. path didn't change .
5. there is enough space on my SSD, but if you want to know. What exactly do you want to know.

6. This is the only file that is giving this error.
7. nope
8. This question is hard to answer knowing that file doesn't open anymore. But I think there were about 10 artboards or so.

Hope these questions can help you out solving my problem. Because I don't know the relevancy of these question. We're are almost 2 weeks ahead now (and it's my fault that i'm replying this late but I didn't get any e-mail or so) but what's important for me is.

Is there any chance that you guys can save/restore my file?

Thanks for everything so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

All the information you provided helped us into validating our hypothesis about the cause of the failure. This is something we already fixed and will be available in the next XD version. We believe the next update of XD will not allow you and other XD customers to reach this undesired situation.

Unfortunately, we cannot restore the file to its original content.

Cheers,

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je travaille sur un fichier ne posant pas de soucis jusqu'à présent. Fichier.xd qui s'ouvrait hier encore.

Quand j'essaie de l'ouvrir aujourd'hui, le fichier se lance, apparait à l'écran mais un message s'ouvre par dessus dans une boite de dialogue : "Erreur lors du chargement du fichier. Type de document non valide." 

Mon fichier est là mais pas accessible.

J'avais eu une erreur 47 le mois dernier et en passant sur des versions antérieures j'avais pu récupéré mon fichier car l'erreur était apparut après une mise à jour.

Encore une fois, cela fait 2 jours que je voyais un pop-up me signalant une mise à jour dispo.

Je ne l'ai pas faite mais voici que mon fichier bug....

J'ai testé la mise à jour, rien n'y fait, j'ai essayé de mettre une ancienne version mais elles ne sont plus dispo sur le serveur alors qu'ils y avait au moins 4 versions dispo le mois dernier.

Quelqu'un pour m'aider ? merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ayant vu des erreurs similaires sur des forums sur des versions en ligne de fichiers, j'ai testé l'inverse de la solution pour l'erreur sur le cloud et j'ai donc uploadé mon fichier pour tenter de l'ouvrir en ligne sans succès. Même problème.

Help !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using Adobe XD. We would request you to please try the solution mentioned in this article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-loading-document-invalid-document-type/td-p/8940549 and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je ne vois pas comment ce message peut m'aider mais je vais répondre aux questions demandées.

1. Je n'avais pas mis à jour le logiciel. Je fermais et redémarrais mon pc chaque jour sans soucis apparent. Creative cloud m'indiquait une version de mise à jour disponible mais je ne l'ai pas lancé volontairement.

2. C'est le dernier fichier XD ouvert qui bug. Je n'avais qu'un fichier en cours.

3. J'avais enregistré quotidiennement mon fichier depuis 1 semaine. Je n'ai eu aucun événement inatendu lors de l'enregistrement.

4. Je n'ai pas changé le chemin d'accès. J'ai peut-être effectué un SaveAs sans m'en rendre compte mais je n'en ai pas le souvenir.

5. J'utilise Windows 10 sur . Je travaille sur un disque de 1To8 avec 1To6 de libre qui n'est pas mon disque de travail. Est-ce que ne pas travailler sur le disque C:/ pose problème ?

6. J'avais déjà eu une erreur 47 sur un fichier lourd regroupant la version mobile et pc de mon travail après une mise à jour. J'ai séparé les 2 sur une version antérieure ré-installée sur le poste et depuis tout fonctionnait normalement.

7. J'utilise Bitdefender à jour. 

8. Mon fichier fait 395Mo, avec plus de 160 plans de travail et beaucoup de svg. Peut-être 10 images mais copiées un certain nombre de fois.

Ce problème datant de 2017, connu devait être corrigé par une mise à jour. J'ai plutôt l'impression de problèmes générées par des mises à jour.. N'est-ce pas plus stable surtour quand on paye pour le logiciel. Ne peut-on pas avoir une vraie assistance sur du travail perdu quand on est un professionnel qui paye pour un produit ? Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Yesterday with a colleague we worked together with a file in the cloud, today it has stopped opening.

Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kirill,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble opening the XD file. We would suggest trying the steps mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-error-loading-document-invalid-document-type-in-x... 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines