• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash/Load]-XD freezes when trying to enter document name at save screen.

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On macOS Catalina 10.15.3

During the saving of a new file, I created the local folder and entered the text field to create the Document name and XD became unresponsive. I can drag the windows around and switch between files open but that is all. MacOS is not reporting XD as unresponsive?   

Thank you for any suggestions. 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Data loss , Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's definitely quite an unusual behavior. We would like to know a few more details like-

• Is it happening with all the files or with this specific file?
  • Have you tried signing out of XD and Creative Cloud and sign back in ? & share results with us.
  • What is the XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening with both cloud and local document?

It would be really helpful if you can share a short video of the workflow for better understanding. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• The freezing during the save process has occurred before just not within the last few months. 
  • XD version 27.0.12.6
  • I don't use the cloud documents for my work files. This is only when using local documents

I force quit XD, closed out of Creative Cloud and luckily a cloud version of my untitled doc was in the history. I was able to open that and successfully saved a local version. 

I will look for some video capture software and try to replicate the error. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also just experienced this problem. The app doesn't seem to have crashed (no error in activity monitor and text line is still blinking) but it just unresponsive to the mouse or keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing similar problem. Would you mind sharing the above asked information? We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact scenario 2x in  a row with Catalina 10.15.4, iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happening to me as well since a long time ago. 

Tipically when the cloud document is being saved, the app becomes unresponsive for a quite long time. And because cloud documents saves automatically, it gets unresponsive very often. This is really, really annoying.

The type tool blinks, I can select fields, but nothing can be typed during this process. I can zoom in/out, explore the document, select another tool, but nothing is responding as expected.

I have a DELL XPS 15 9560 with a GT1050 graphic card, 16GB of Ram and plenty of space. Hardware is enough to decently handle these tasks. 

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines