• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash while renaming Artboard on Windows with Ctrl+V+#

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow involves renaming all artboards to the same "title" followed by an incremental number. To do this I copy the "title", then for each artboard do the following:

1. Set artboard title field in focus (double-click on text above artboard on pasteboard)
  2. Press Ctrl+V
  3. Enter a number (e.g. 01 or 24 or etc.)

The crash appears to occur when the system interprets steps 2 and 3 as occuring simultaneously. Possibly this is due to a conflict between Ctrl+V (paste) and Ctrl+{#} (set zoom scale). As you can imagine, when renaming tens or hundreds of artboards my keystrokes are very fast and accidentally timing them as to be simultaneous is almost inevitable. So this crash occurs frequently.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Data loss

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenny,

We are sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with these frequent crashes during the workflow. We would like to know few more details like-

If this is happening with the specific file or all files?

• Would you be able to record a video by reproducing the crash by following the same workflow and share with us?
  • Please share the OS and XD versions of your machine.
  • Please make sure your system and the apps don't have any pending updates.
  • Please check if your graphic card drivers are up to date.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

• I can reproduce this bug consistently with every file.
  • Video provided below. In the video, after selecting the artboard name to rename it, I press Ctrl+v+1 to simulate the simultaneous 'paste' and number entry.
  • OS=Windows, XD=v36.2.32
  • No pending updates
  • Drivers up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the video and the information. The team has logged a bug for the issue and is investigating it. I will share the progress updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines