• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create interactive photo with clickable areas that popup (self-sustaining?)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a solution to a project I need to do.  This is to feature a building that is in construction and coming soon.  I need to highlight 4-6 sections of the building and pop-up a layout/diagram, and possibly some copy, for each.

Here's a scenario:

1. I will have a rendering of a building as the background.
  2. There will be various 'areas' of the building that are highlighted somehow.  Perhaps a slow, pulsing outline for each 'active' area so users will know what is 'active'.
  3. As the mouse rolls over various areas of the photo, they would have the ability to click and pop-up a diagram/floor plan of that area, which might have some copy as well.
  4. They then can close, or click off, and move to another area, etc.

In the past, I may have used Flash for this but I don't know the bet way to do it now.  I'm not sure what the correct way to do this one is.  Is Adobe XD something that can handle this?  Are there Envato Elements templates like this that I can start off with?  Is it a glorified PowerPoint project that would require a lot of work?  Or is there another way to handle this?

Is it possible for this to be a self-sustaining file or will it be a 'website' that has to use internet presence?  I'd like it to mbe a standalone file if possible.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Adobe XD is not the right tool for this. While you can design and prototype this, but it is not something that you can publish with a click. Instead you would need to export the assets and code it. Although Flash Player is no more, Adobe Animate (what Flash evolved to), could be the right replacement. It will publish HTML5 valid content, so you can incorpate into a web page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD is not the right tool for this. While you can design and prototype this, but it is not something that you can publish with a click. Instead you would need to export the assets and code it. Although Flash Player is no more, Adobe Animate (what Flash evolved to), could be the right replacement. It will publish HTML5 valid content, so you can incorpate into a web page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, interesting.  Thank you so much for the response Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines