Highlighted

Create Local Components Not Working

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team is creating a master component library that is plateform driven. Example: We create a master component library for salesforce commerce cloud. The library is generic, but the layouts are defined. A designer links to the salesforce file and from there can make all the components localized to their project.

The goal is that the team can link to the master link asset file and overright the components it for their individual clients this way the generic file remains unaltered yet the team has the guidelines to design. But we found out that you cannot create local components in this case. If you right click the components all of them says Edit Master Component and Highlight on Canvas. Delete and Make Local component are missing.

Why are the options create local component and delete missing? Why do they only appear if a component is copied into the file? Is my team going to have to copy components just so they can be localized?

Please help. I don't understand. The only thing I can find is this from https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html#convert-linked-component-local:

Make Local Component only works if you copy/paste a linked component across documents or you have a broken linked component.

Hi There,

Yes it is as expected, we need to make local component only when it is broken or you copy pasted component.

As per my understanding in your design you can drag and drop the component from Asset panel and create a compnent from there. 

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create Local Components Not Working

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team is creating a master component library that is plateform driven. Example: We create a master component library for salesforce commerce cloud. The library is generic, but the layouts are defined. A designer links to the salesforce file and from there can make all the components localized to their project.

The goal is that the team can link to the master link asset file and overright the components it for their individual clients this way the generic file remains unaltered yet the team has the guidelines to design. But we found out that you cannot create local components in this case. If you right click the components all of them says Edit Master Component and Highlight on Canvas. Delete and Make Local component are missing.

Why are the options create local component and delete missing? Why do they only appear if a component is copied into the file? Is my team going to have to copy components just so they can be localized?

Please help. I don't understand. The only thing I can find is this from https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html#convert-linked-component-local:

Make Local Component only works if you copy/paste a linked component across documents or you have a broken linked component.

Hi There,

Yes it is as expected, we need to make local component only when it is broken or you copy pasted component.

As per my understanding in your design you can drag and drop the component from Asset panel and create a compnent from there. 

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 1