• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Local Components Not Working

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team is creating a master component library that is plateform driven. Example: We create a master component library for salesforce commerce cloud. The library is generic, but the layouts are defined. A designer links to the salesforce file and from there can make all the components localized to their project.

The goal is that the team can link to the master link asset file and overright the components it for their individual clients this way the generic file remains unaltered yet the team has the guidelines to design. But we found out that you cannot create local components in this case. If you right click the components all of them says Edit Master Component and Highlight on Canvas. Delete and Make Local component are missing.

Why are the options create local component and delete missing? Why do they only appear if a component is copied into the file? Is my team going to have to copy components just so they can be localized?

Please help. I don't understand. The only thing I can find is this from https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html#convert-linked-component-local:

Make Local Component only works if you copy/paste a linked component across documents or you have a broken linked component.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Hi There,

Yes it is as expected, we need to make local component only when it is broken or you copy pasted component.

As per my understanding in your design you can drag and drop the component from Asset panel and create a compnent from there. 

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Yes it is as expected, we need to make local component only when it is broken or you copy pasted component.

As per my understanding in your design you can drag and drop the component from Asset panel and create a compnent from there. 

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see this as being solved. I have copied and pasted a component from the main library and into a new document. I'm unable to make it local still. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, not sure if this fully answers your question but I've found that you can only make the PARENT componentes local, any nested CHILD components won't have the option to 'Make Local'

First you have to make the parent local and only after that can you make the children components local.

Hope this helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was just the answer I was looking for, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into an issue where this solution does not work. No matter what I do, the component can not be made local.. It was working yesterday, on this file. Then I updated to the most recent version of XD (may 2021), and now it does not work. I tried copy pasting it again from the original document, I tried editing it to make sure that its broken from the original but it still does not work. 

I'm not sure if this is a bug with the new version of XD, or not. Can you please elaborate more specifically on what you mean by "broken or you copy-pasted component".

All I want to do is add an extra state, on this artboard for it. but it makes me edit it all in the main source document, which is then going to flow it across 100+ artboards, creating the 20,000 layers error. So not possible to edit it in the main source, my only option seems to be to unlink it and REMAKE THE ENTIRE COMPONENT AGAIN.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Except for me, some components have the Make Local option and others don't. It is completely infuriating and opaque. No parent objects. Yes I own the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Having the same issue. It is unclear why it would be working for some components and not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! So I actually had the same problem, check to see if you own the file. If you don't own the file the person that does has to update / publish and then make the component local themselves. Hopefully this is helpful 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines