Highlighted

Creating an Effect Slider

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create an effect slider, and have successfully done so if my slider is in the middle of the area I want to change - however, in this example, when I try to have my slider start to the right of Australia, I can't get a realistic drag/slide effect! Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks!

Starting within the Australia shape

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 2.01.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 2.01.21 PM.png

Starting outside of Australia

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 2.02.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 2.01.47 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Spas K. | Adobe Community Professional

Okay, so there you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji7lkkvcfydj0tx/Slider_Solution.xd?dl=0

Basically, use the continent as a mask, within which you can have the darker rectangle that will be lined up with the slider. This way you don't need to bother with editing paths and lining them up.

Hope that helps, cheers! 🙂

TOPICS
Design, How to, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating an Effect Slider

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create an effect slider, and have successfully done so if my slider is in the middle of the area I want to change - however, in this example, when I try to have my slider start to the right of Australia, I can't get a realistic drag/slide effect! Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks!

Starting within the Australia shape

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 2.01.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 2.01.21 PM.png

Starting outside of Australia

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 2.02.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 2.01.47 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Spas K. | Adobe Community Professional

Okay, so there you go.

Basically, use the continent as a mask, within which you can have the darker rectangle that will be lined up with the slider. This way you don't need to bother with editing paths and lining them up.

TOPICS
Design, How to, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily.

Can you please send us a link to a prototype with that screen, or even better - upload the file somewhere and link it here, so we can see how this is all configured? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't seem to have acces to it 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that! How about now?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so there you go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you for helping me with this, Spas! You just saved my first project of the semester (due tomorrow) 😁 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Spas K. LATEST
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I helped. I too have experience with last minute submissions 😄

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0