Highlighted

Creating Booleans or Masks with Components?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would find the ability to use components as a masking element or as part of a boolean shape incredibly useful. I don't seem to be able to do this in the current version of XD and I'm hoping I'm just missing something. Would anyone know if this is possible?

Correct answer by SherifAssaf | Community Beginner

Hi Israel -

As Elaine mentioned, we currently don't support boolean operations with components. Please create a feature request on uservoice detailing the use cases of why components with boolean operations is really helpful for your workflow. We'll look into those workflows and use cases and will update you in the progress.

Thanks,

Sherif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating Booleans or Masks with Components?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would find the ability to use components as a masking element or as part of a boolean shape incredibly useful. I don't seem to be able to do this in the current version of XD and I'm hoping I'm just missing something. Would anyone know if this is possible?

Correct answer by SherifAssaf | Community Beginner

Hi Israel -

As Elaine mentioned, we currently don't support boolean operations with components. Please create a feature request on uservoice detailing the use cases of why components with boolean operations is really helpful for your workflow. We'll look into those workflows and use cases and will update you in the progress.

Thanks,

Sherif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! They’re both available.

https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1108794153117184001

https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1050087316025462784

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for these links!

However, I'm not sure they answer my question.

What I'm trying to do is use a component as part of a boolean operation or a "mask with shape" operation. Neither of those seem to work here. I've got an XD file at the following link showing what I'm trying to do: Components as Masking Elements or Boolean Objects.

And when I say component, I mean what used to be called a symbol, but which has recently been upgraded to fancy components.

Thanks again!

~Israel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh got it! I misread this. Let me check with the team; I believe that isn’t supported at the moment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Israel -

Thanks,

Sherif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines