• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Equal Spacing between objects

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Is there a way to create even spacing between objects by  selecting objects and then defining the space?

In example -  if I want 24 px between objects I can select them and then enter the required spacing.

I use this feature constantly in Sketch and really find that I am missing in in my workflow on xd.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

The closest thing I can think of are the Object > Align options. Do they not work for you? Are you looking for something like this? Distribute spacing – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

The feature requested is the same here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12939069-set-spacing-between-objects-to-a-specific-number-o 

To be able to select 2+ objects and then enter in a set number of pixels in the right details panel to define the space between them (with options for horizontal or vertical spacing). It's evenly distribute but with precision (instead of having to drag blindly).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The closest thing I can think of are the Object > Align options. Do they not work for you? Are you looking for something like this? Distribute spacing – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature requested is the same here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12939069-set-spaci... 

To be able to select 2+ objects and then enter in a set number of pixels in the right details panel to define the space between them (with options for horizontal or vertical spacing). It's evenly distribute but with precision (instead of having to drag blindly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a correct answer as it's not providing a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried using "Stack" option in XD?

1. Select desired elements and group them.

2. Check "Stack" option on right side panel.

3. Once the elements are part of the stack, you can enter the number (in the fieldnext to it) to maintain the spacing.

Also, with stach enabled, you can move the elements within a stack.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Naga Sudheer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep stacks are great but sometime you don't want objects grouped together

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines