• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Libraries are loading very slow in Adobe XD.

Advisor ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the library assets loading extremely slow in XD? It's not like that in any other CC.  I've tried logging in and out but the library is still very slow to load inside the library panel in XD. Anyone? Takes forever!

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PerryBrus,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using XD library which is loading very slow. Wouuld you mind sharing the OS & XD version of your machine? 

We would also request you to please check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-libraries-panel-doesn-t-load-in-desktop-... and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is up to date.

Windows 10 Pro. Version 1809.

XD 24.3.22.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. On Illustrator, its all nice, but not on XD. 

• First of all, the library initially loads up ok. But when I enlarge the view, it does not load things in an orderly manner. It may take almost a minute until it shows something, and then when I scroll - the same thing.
  • Secondly - enlarging the view... I have a big library of symbols, which are used across multiple projects and apps. Having the library to appear slim is just not good enough. I think, the container, in which the library is now housed, is not a good one. I wouldn't mind being able to park the library on another screen - it does not have to float on top. Also, the visible cue to enlarge vanished some time ago - that is just plain wrong UX.

Using Windows 10 Enterprise, 1809, Adobe XD version: 4.3.36.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand your frustration. Woulld you mind confirming if you've tried the steps mentioned in the above mentioed help article?  If that doesn't help, please share the screenshot of your about XD info page.

For 2nd problem, you may check this uservoice link: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34268857-dock-the-... and upvote the request. If that doesn't suits you, I would request you to please submit a new one and share the link with us here for tracking purpose.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the steps mentioned on the article, and still it doesn't work. Now I don't even get to see the icons in the library on Adobe XD. On Illustrator, it is all nice and okay..

Below  a screenshot of the about page, and then of the broken view of the app, once I did the steps...

About pageAbout pageAfter deleting libraries, and re-opening, they open like this...After deleting libraries, and re-opening, they open like this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying to log of XD and restart the machine and log back in?

We also have the current version available for XD (28.8). Please update and let us know if that helps.

We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've logged in and out. I'm on the latest version. I still have the same issues as I described back in november 2019. Tiny viewport with no expand options, slow loading etc. I've also checked on different machines and it's the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not helping. Icons load just a bit faster (after I did some cache flushing, it did not work for days - I guess some kind of cache has now been built in the background), but it is not speedy enough by any standards. Also, when enlarging the view it takes considerable amount of time. 

There are three issues:

1. Slow update of the view
  2. Enlargement handle is not good enough. Too small click/touch target area to do it
  3. I can't minimize the window. If I want to keep it on the side, and drag in icons and other stuff when I need it, it can't be done, as it is locked in the design area, and it is always on the way. There should at least be a possibility to minimize the panel. This used to be better in the past. If nothing else, please revert back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines