• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross-Platform Issue with Text Fields

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working in a PC environment and a MAC user has been brought on to help. We found that when MAC users open our PC-made files, any Text Box that's formatted to be Area Text vs Point Text shifts up between 2-4px. It's causing major issues with QA and Devs. This happens with both Offline & Cloud files. Please help...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Hi Jon,

Sorry for the delay in response. As this happens only while working under cross platform. It is suggested that while working with collaborators you must be having the same and updated XD version. Here it looks like the mac user is not using the current version of XD as of windows. Please ask the mac user to update and then try again.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's a strange. I haven't heard of this issue before. I would request you to please share the screenshot or video showing the behaviour. Is it happening with every file and every text? Please share the XD version of your machine. Since how you are experiencing this issue I mean is this something that you have noticed after the recent XD update?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 29.3.32 for PC
Version 29.2.32.3 for MAC
We did not see this text field issue until the new person (Mac) started work on the project. We haven't had previous issues as we've been a PC-only shop on this project. It happens in all files and only when working cross-platform. Cloud vs Local doesn't effect it. 

I will send screenshots via email/PM as the content is under NDA. 

-Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jon,

Sorry for the delay in response. As this happens only while working under cross platform. It is suggested that while working with collaborators you must be having the same and updated XD version. Here it looks like the mac user is not using the current version of XD as of windows. Please ask the mac user to update and then try again.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines