Highlighted

CSS is only not available for mobile projects?

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

The developers I work with usually use the XD specs instead of the actual files. I noticed that when clicking on an object in the export specs, besides the dimensions, color etc, the CSS of that object is also available. What I also noticed is that the CSS doesn't exist on projects that are meant for mobile, only for web. For all my web projects I can see the CSS of each item I click on, but for mobile projects this feature doesn't exist. Why is that?

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CSS is only not available for mobile projects?

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

The developers I work with usually use the XD specs instead of the actual files. I noticed that when clicking on an object in the export specs, besides the dimensions, color etc, the CSS of that object is also available. What I also noticed is that the CSS doesn't exist on projects that are meant for mobile, only for web. For all my web projects I can see the CSS of each item I click on, but for mobile projects this feature doesn't exist. Why is that?

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe figures that mobile projects are apps, therefore CSS does not apply. If you'd like to see this changed, please submit that feedback at https://adobexd.uservoice.com

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 1
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can simply choose Export for Web, instead of iOS/Android

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2019 1
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I think having to decide that ahead of time is limiting (and obviously confusing to some people). Having both iOS and CSS code available could be useful (and how other tools like this typically work).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2019 1
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, you can choose Web when you export for Dev regardless of your intention (i.e. no need for deciding the target upfront)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2019 1
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But choosing the type of export does affect the code you get, so you do need to decide the target upfront. It would be nice to have all code available from one export.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2019 1
cristib1 LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Thanks for the answers 🙂
@kennethkawamoto2 : I never noticed that option, thanks for that 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2019 1