Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current limitations with 3D transforms in Adobe XD 34

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

3D Transforms introduced in XD 34.0 is just the first iteration of the feature and you will continue to see enhancements to it in the future. Until then, we would like you to understand these limitations to make the best use of the current possibilities.   

If you would like to upvote or submit a feature request related to this feature, use this link  It will help the team prioritize current features and limitations.

AdobeStock_230299971 [Converted].jpg

Current limitations with 3D transforms:

• If you convert a 3D transformed object to a component, it automatically resets to 2D. 
  • You can only override 3D transforms on component instances, but global edits are not possible from the main Component.
  • You cannot apply 3D transforms inside Components. When you apply 3D transforms to hover or tap states, Transforms are applied to all states for that object
  •  You cannot edit the space for padding, stacks, and repeat grids on canvas for 3D transformed groups. 
  •  You can reorder elements only from the Layers panel. You cannot drag and drop to reorder stack elements on the canvas.
  • When you rotate images in 3D, image degradation takes place for some images.
  •  Shadows look slightly different on preview surfaces if objects from the composition have fixed objects on scrolling artboards, scrollable groups, or nested 3D transforms.
  • The size of 3D transformed objects does not change when you resize a group.
  •  You cannot edit vectors and flip objects for 3D transformed objects. Also, you cannot apply 3D transforms for:
    - Developer specs
    - Artboards
    - SVG export and import workflows
    - Edit vectors.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Atul! I was just coming here to report some of these issues as bugs since adding 3D transforms to my current design and running into many of these.

Is there plans to try and correct some/all of these limitations? Knowing that they are there will help me work around them for now, but I would love to be able to do some of these things in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheJohnHarman,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, we'll definitely try to eliminate these limitations in the future. Thank you for sharing your feedback, I'll share it with the team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Beyond some of these listed limitations (and in a positive light do really like seeing the 3D feature implementation), I am also seeing some strange feedback within the x and y rotation fields. I will 3D transform a group to something like -12, but then I return a little while later (or in most cases just switch between the same components states) that will auto change to 348 (the positive version of -12). Is that supposed to happen even when all instances were left at the initial -12 setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines