Highlighted

Data loss on locally saved XD document

Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just lost some work after opening a document. What was presented was by no means the latest version. I tried to refer to the document history and it's just greyed out. The document had been saved at least 8 times before this happened.

How do I fix the lack of history?

Is this loss common?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Data loss, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Data loss on locally saved XD document

Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just lost some work after opening a document. What was presented was by no means the latest version. I tried to refer to the document history and it's just greyed out. The document had been saved at least 8 times before this happened.

How do I fix the lack of history?

Is this loss common?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Data loss, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out that you only get document history if using the cloud...

Now, I wonder if my random loss of data for no apparent reason other than not saving to Adobe cloud is some sort of strategy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could there be any possibility that the file was overwritten? Please check if you are able to see the file at these locations and if they are different than the one you have currently:

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD CC

Windows:  \Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

We'd also need a few more details like:

1. Has this happened with multiple files or with this specific file?
  2. Please share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0