• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default cloud save not helpful, and a general request for uniformity

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is now using cloud save as the default saving behaviour.  From my business perspective and from a lot of my colleagues, this is an undesired default behaviour. We do not need a cloud saving infrastructure as we have lots of own storage infrastructure in place. I strongly recommend the development team to develop a preference setting, making it possible to choose default saving behaviour to either cloud or local systems. An alternative menu option or extra shortcut is not enough; when working across different CC applications, uniform workflow and usability are expected. ( uniform scaling disparities between photoshop and indesign are driving me crazy )

We also hope this saving strategy is not pushed in every application of the CC suite. 

TOPICS
Known Issue , Missing feature , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In the recent update, we have re-mapped the shortcuts to save the file and we have mapped an additional shortcut to save the file locally, so if you want to save the file locally, for the first time you will need to use the shortcut ⌥⇧⌘S on macOS and  Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S on Windows. In order to save the changes made on a document, you can still use CTRL+ S and ⌘+S and it will not change the initial selected location of the file.

Let us know if this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In the recent update, we have re-mapped the shortcuts to save the file and we have mapped an additional shortcut to save the file locally, so if you want to save the file locally, for the first time you will need to use the shortcut ⌥⇧⌘S on macOS and  Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S on Windows. In order to save the changes made on a document, you can still use CTRL+ S and ⌘+S and it will not change the initial selected location of the file.

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines