Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default text color shows white in XD.

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an irritating issue within the type tool. Half of the time when I go to use the type tool the default color is white. Is there a way to change the default color or at least set the color before I start typing? I've tried setting the color but XD doesn't respond correctly and deselects the type tool. 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the frustrating experience while using type tool in XD.  The Default color is grey at my end on windows machine. Would you mind checking if you're on the latest version of XD (28.6)? I would also suggest checking the latest update to your graphic card driver. 

If that doesn't help, please try signing out of XD and sign back in and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, the version is up to date. I'll have to check the graphic card driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Please let us know how it goes.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the problem occasionally and I'm not comfortable doing the graphics card driver check since I'm using company equipment and I'm working from home. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. The only reason my colleague recommended checking if the graphic card is up to date or not as by default the Text color is grey and this issue may occur in case if the drivers are not up to date. Could you please confirm if it is permanently white on all the files?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to follow up here if you are able to resolve the issue or if you need further assistance? We would be happy to help.

You may also get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html so that you can get the immediate assistance.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines