Exit

Deleted animation that still appears

Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a dashboard with a side menu. The side menu has two controls: 

- one it's a button that collapse the menu and turn it in a mini side bar. In order to do it I have simply duplicated the main artboard and then resized the side menu.

- the other one it's nothing more than a menu button that once clicked opened a flayout menu that was animated using the overlay function. For it I've just created a new artboard only with the menu that overlayed in the main artboard.

First I've duplicated the main artboard and in the new one I've created the collapsed menu, and then later on in a second moment, in the main artboard and only that, I've created a flyout menu with the overlay animation. Such animation was only present in the main artboard and not in the artboard with the collapsed menu.
So far the two animations were working without interferring each others. I could collapse the menu without problems and get back to the original size.

Because I had to modify the collapsed menu, instead of working directing on it, I've copied/pasted the original default size side menu, from the main artboard into the artboard with the collapsed menu and then I've worked on it. 
This has messed up the collapse animation. 

I can collapse the side menu and get back to the original size, but in the process, for around 0.1s the flyout menu appear and desappear in the middle of the process and, it should not because obviously the control that activate the flyout menu it's not clicked. 

The first thing that I did was to go into the artboard where I have the collapsed menu and ungrouped the component that trigger the flyout menu, just in case. 
It didn't work. 

So I went into the main artboard and I have ungrouped the component that contained the overlay animation. 
It didn't work. 

So I have completely and totaly deleted the artboard that contain the flyout menu and that appeared in the main artboard thanks to the overlay effect once triggered after clicking over the component. 
It didn't work...

Everytime that I collapse the menu now, for around 0.1s in the middle of the animation, it appear a flyout menu that: does not exist anywhere

So clearly, Adobe Xd must have a sort of history where animations are saved and for some nosense reason the animation continue to be triggered, question is where I have to go to delete it, because there's no way that I delete the whole side menu and the artboard with the collapsed menu just because of this.

thanks

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

I've found the problem...

In the artboard that contain the collapse menu, there was a folder group that contained a first draw of the flyout menu, such group folder was: 

- hidden
- created weeks ago
- never ever linked to any component and absolutely never use for an overlay effect

for some reason adobe Xd was showing this menu during the transition from one artboard (side menu) to another artboard (collapse menu). 

Now comes the question. If an item, a component, a folder etc are hidden, why they sh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the problem...

In the artboard that contain the collapse menu, there was a folder group that contained a first draw of the flyout menu, such group folder was: 

- hidden
- created weeks ago
- never ever linked to any component and absolutely never use for an overlay effect

for some reason adobe Xd was showing this menu during the transition from one artboard (side menu) to another artboard (collapse menu). 

Now comes the question. If an item, a component, a folder etc are hidden, why they show up in an animation? -_- 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eriks1313,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would it be possible for you to share a short video or the link of the prototype in a private message showcasing where the hidden item is active on the prototype link? I'll try my best to assist you appropriately. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines