Highlighted

[Design]-Adobe XD resize SVG without distortion.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to increase the size of and SVG all the spacing between elemants gets distorded

This is really messing up and slowing down my work flow. 

Has anyone found a solutions for ths or experienced the same or similar problem?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Villevoye | Adobe Community Professional

Upon importing or pasting any SVG related objects (an Illustrator file, or a copied bunch of vectors from anywhere), Adobe XD regards them as separate objects. And resizing it will indeed tear all elements intentionally apart ! Grouping all elements beforehand or even in XD won't help.

But there's this option on the right: "Responsive Resize", which is ON by default.

Switch it OFF, and you'll be a happy camper 🙂

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-25 om 20.28.23.png

TOPICS
Design, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Design]-Adobe XD resize SVG without distortion.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to increase the size of and SVG all the spacing between elemants gets distorded

This is really messing up and slowing down my work flow. 

Has anyone found a solutions for ths or experienced the same or similar problem?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Villevoye | Adobe Community Professional

Upon importing or pasting any SVG related objects (an Illustrator file, or a copied bunch of vectors from anywhere), Adobe XD regards them as separate objects. And resizing it will indeed tear all elements intentionally apart ! Grouping all elements beforehand or even in XD won't help.

But there's this option on the right: "Responsive Resize", which is ON by default.

TOPICS
Design, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 25, 2020 5
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020 7
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I fugured it out.

It's apparent to me now, that boarders which have been applied to vector lines do not resize an any program.

Can you please verify for me if this is a true statemnt or not Peter?

This seems to the be probmen I have been experiencing.

Even if responsive resize in XD is selected or not the  boarders on vector lines to not respond in size accordingly, weather I'm edditing the SVG in Illustrator or in XD.

The only solution i found for this has been to manualy decrease the boarder size after shrining down the SVG.
I wish there was a better solution for this problem, as I run the risk of accidenntally distorting 3rd party design elements that are not mine to alter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct ! Adobe XD regards anything vector-based not as a whole, but as something to import as editable. After all, being able to create and edit Illustrator-like materials in an easier way, that's what instigated Sketch, and that's what Adobe is mimicking. So everything (positions, fills, line widths, etc.) becomes a setting. 

Having an option to keep line widths scaling along, is a long-standing user request:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480839--scaling-...

Another work-around is to expand or convert your line widths to paths in Illustrator, so e.g. a red line width becomes a shape with a red fill and no line. Which has also been a good practice for any drawing, to prevent lines not scaling when others are opening and editing the file in Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 2
vuvanly LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life! Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0