• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Adobe XD toolbar missing.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community, I recently started using Adobe XD and I couldn't find the dropdown toolbar

I called customer service and the representative guided me through several steps using DXDIAG in the windows search bar and asked me to reply to the email he will send with some critical information about my hardware and system 

it's a a link that will open a PDF file that contains my windows version, my graphics, my sound , every little detail about my laptop and he said he will escalate the issue to a higher level and get back to me in 24H

My question is : Is it safe to share these critical info with them, bacause I was hacked a couple times in the past by allowing scammer to share my screen with them

my phone call with him seemed genuine and I wasn't suspicious at all, but afterwards I remembered the flaws of sharing crucial info with a third party

Thanks for your advices 

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

I think it sounds like you're looking for the menubar, rightfull thinking it should be there... but sadly it does not exist in the Windows version of XD! See this thread and see if that's your issue. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/xd-top-menu-missing-windows/m-p/10795237?page=1

Basically, on Windows you have a hamburger menu for file operations and some other things. Otherwise you use the Inspector and Right-click for everything else. I personally think it's a ridiculous design paradi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it sounds like you're looking for the menubar, rightfull thinking it should be there... but sadly it does not exist in the Windows version of XD! See this thread and see if that's your issue. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/xd-top-menu-missing-windows/m-p/10795237?page=1

Basically, on Windows you have a hamburger menu for file operations and some other things. Otherwise you use the Inspector and Right-click for everything else. I personally think it's a ridiculous design paradigm that Microsoft came up with (and Adobe has followed), but that's supposedly how Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps are supposed to work!

If I misunderstood your issue, please correct me. Also, I would trust Adobe support as this is a professional company, not some scammers.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dan for your reply, It is actually the Menubar, and itlooks like you got exactly the right explanation as it matches some of my research on the web and I remember I saw ths UWP mentionned in many pages
I also read some people talking about the hamburger Icon on the top left corner but I couldn't find it anywhere

I will basically not be able to go further with XD on windows

but I will trust the agent and send them the two links they requested to address my issue to a higher level

thanks again for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to Dan's brilliant response. You can also share the case number with us here so that we can check the status of your query and let you know if it's the genuine staff that has worked on your case.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines