• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Break down assets for better performance and organization of larger projects in XD.

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if I am missing something here, it makes no sense to me that Adobe would not give the ability to manage assets better. This is no longer an organizational issue, but also a performance issue.

To give a better overview of how this works for me and why it is such a pain point I will explain how my project is organized. I work on a complex enterprise system, so a number of artboards for a project has become huge over time. This means I also have a large number of components:

- Icons as components (I need to use them frequently, but is it necessary to be a component type?)

- Smaller reusable components (buttons, alerts, fields...)

- Larger reusable components (modals, panels, forms...)

- Components that are not so reusable but I needed hover effect so I HAD to make them components (This is the biggest question if it is necessary for something to be component to be able to add hover effect. Could it be groups also?)

I wish I could at least separate these types in logical groups, but crucial is not having so many components (580 in one file), since performance is terribly slow with so many components.

Having all in one list, it is organizational hell. I am wondering why people don't make a bigger deal of this, I hope I am missing something here.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

I did, but I would like to communicate with other members of the community to check if someone has an idea of how to overcome some of the issues since they are already a big problem, especially with a large number of unneeded components.

Here is the feature request 
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39617401-hover-on-groups-not-only-components

and the one that covers grouping of assets

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33272584-organize-assets-panel-objects-symbols-components

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for using Adobe Xd and sharing problems that XD can't solve at this momen for your workflow. Please feel free to use adobexd.uservoice.com, this is the best place to send us feature requests. Your contributions can help us shape the future of Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, but I would like to communicate with other members of the community to check if someone has an idea of how to overcome some of the issues since they are already a big problem, especially with a large number of unneeded components.

Here is the feature request 
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39617401-hover-on-...

and the one that covers grouping of assets

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33272584-organize-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Im in a similiar boat, where I have large files 80mb to 20mb and all use mulitple components.

not having my components in groups slows me down considerably.

my work around is to have a seperate file as my library.. i can group elements in logical order, and its a simply copy and paste to use. much quicker than hunting in an assests list 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that also, but at some point got back to a regular workflow, but seems to me I need to do that again 😄

At least there is a workaround, although it still slows us down... I am hoping they will work on this soon, there have been some pretty bad decisions with assets that are so important. It would be so annoying if they continue adding some fancy transitions and not take care of these issues. 

If you agree, please vote for these feature requests above 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Anica for submitting your feedback and sharing the Uservoice page here so that we can keep a track of it. Our team will definitely look into your request. Please stay tuned to these uservoice requests for updates. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines