• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]- Center Alignment Issue with Half Pixel in XD.

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I am facing an issue to Align Center (vertical and horizontal) any component in ArtBoard of iPhone (width 375Px). There is a mismatch of 0.5 Px as XD's minimum Grid is 1 Px.

Is there any way to set Grid 0.5 Px or fix this Align Center issue?

Thaks in advance.

Regards

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

I'm afraid there isn't... 

All drags and moves or calculated positions are rounded off to the nearest pixel. However, you can enter decimals in the position values ! And I tried using such an absolutely centered element to be the key object for other centering or aligining actions (calculated or manually). But they all snap again to whole pixels, neglecting the key element's non-integer pixel center, size, and positions.

But consider this: it's all about a not so pixel-perfect design. Any fron

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid there isn't... 

All drags and moves or calculated positions are rounded off to the nearest pixel. However, you can enter decimals in the position values ! And I tried using such an absolutely centered element to be the key object for other centering or aligining actions (calculated or manually). But they all snap again to whole pixels, neglecting the key element's non-integer pixel center, size, and positions.

But consider this: it's all about a not so pixel-perfect design. Any front-end developer will understand (from the mock-up) that you'll prefer exactly centered positioning, and use measurements based on split margins or any other method for precision.

And even if they wouldn't understand it and use 1 pixel off positioning and sizing, then you've done your best. No one will start screaming at you, except that little design deamon inside your head...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, understand Peter. Thanks.

Reagrds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines