• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Components are updating incorrectly after changes in Master components in XD.

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with nested components. I cannot test all variants and cases that's why I'm going to describe what I managed to reproduce.

I created a component "Button" with several groups inside for different buttons. After that, I created a new component "Confirmation" and paste the "Button" component inside. Then I created a new file and added there several instances of the "Confirmation" component with different hide/show buttons.

Everything was fine until I modified the master component by extending the number of button groups. One of the buttons in the second file with different instances changed its location.

It's just a very simple example. Unfortunately, I have much more complicated interconnections in my prototypes and sometimes I just a little bit afraid to click an "update" button in the assets panel, because possibly I will have to reconfigure almost all my artboards.

Unfortunately, I cannot attach .xd files to that post. (Error: The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type.) Master Components Instances

System info:
Win 10
Adobe XD 25.2.12.3
Creative Cloud 4.3.20.55

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using Adobe XD & thank you for sharing the details. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end may be I am missing something. Would you mind sharing a short video of the workflow for better understanding?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how it helps you, but okay. I recorded the video and it shows absolute disorder of nested components as well. If I have more I will add them to this post.
https://youtu.be/31BOuQZR-Z8 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand the fastest variant to avoid such behavior is to redesign my approach with groups/folders to states of the component.

Is there any limitation in the number of states? 10, 15 or it's unlimited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no. States don't work either, because each state has different groups (for buttons it's hover, disabled, etc.). After a bunch of manipulations, layers go to disorder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I wait for the reply or any comment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel, 

Sorry for the delay in response. It looks like you are experiencing the similar issue mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-components-are-getting-out-of-order-in-adobe-xd/m-p/1...

If so, the team is working on it to fix it soon. You may see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I will follow that thread as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines