• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Components imported are showing some resize issues with XD.

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I maintain an asset document with all of my UX team's shared UI Assets.  When one of them imports a shared asset out of the assets library the component is imported with resize bugs.  It will not work properly.

However, when that same user opens the source document where all of those components come from the component will resize properly and does not have the same alignment bugs.

See linked video below or click the link to view it on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/nifF5PBfr3M

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craig,

That's quite strange behavior that you experienced with XD linked assets. We would like to know a few more details like-

• Is it happening with a specific component or all the components?
  • Is it happening with this file or all the files?
  • What is the OS and XD version of your machine?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there are all sorts of problems with the components implementation in XD. They may not all be related to this particular issue but the components in XD, generally speaking, are extremely buggy and unreliable.

For THIS particular issue:

• I believe the difference here is that the component is using a Repeat Grid in order to make an endless table row background both vertically and horizontally.  The misalignment occurs at the boundaries of the assets used in the Repeat Grid.
  • This issue is specific to this asset.  It happens on my machine with documents that link the shared assets file, and it is also happening to two of my coworkers that link the shared assets file, as well.  The buggy behavior is consistent across all three environments.
  • I am using Windows 10, and the XD version is 27.1.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely not the experience we want to provide you and thanks for sharing the additional information. Is it possible for you to recreate the same component and then try to repeat the process again and share the results with us?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a new test asset with a new Shared Library file and a new document.  I was able to recreate the behavior by creating the asset using a Repeat Grid and then making some edits to the component after I had created it.

It appears to get buggy during the edit/tweaking phase. 

Specifically, I

• Modified the spacing between the instances of the Repeat Grid
  • Added borders to the two assets inside of the Repeat Grid. 
  • Changed the "size" of the Repeat Grid inside of the Component.  (First it showed multiple instances, and then in an edit I reduced the size of the component to only show one instance).

https://youtu.be/CtQWfiM0VBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this been passed to the team?  What is the status of this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines