• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Components with nested child components are not working in XD 26.

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the new padding feature but the components appear to have been broken in the process. (I've only tested this on Mac.)

To reproduce the bug:

1. Create a component like a "button" outside of any page (background shape with text on top)
  2. Use that component to create a button bar of 5 buttons,
  3. Save the "button bar" as a component outside of any pages, too
  4. Create 5 pages and put an instance of the button bar component on all 5 pages
  5. Now link button 1 in the master component to page 1, button 2 to page 2, etc.
  6. Notice that none of the links you created are actually working on any of the pages.

The only way to get these links on the pages is to copy the component from the Prototype tab and paste it on all the pages. Then if you make any changes to the master component you have to delete all the instances and repaste the component. And if you changed each of the buttons to an "active" state on each of the pages, you have to redo that, too. 

This is a real pain and worked perfectly in the last release.

Please fix ASAP.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Hi there,

I went through the document you shared and had the follwing observations for which you are facing the linking issue.

Observations: You have created button1 as the master component and for all other components you have created instances of the same button. Also you have created the button bar using the instances of button 1(component). Due to which, when you are linking the buttons (of the button bar which is also a component) to their respective pages it is not working for the button bar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing issue with XD. Would you mind sharing a short video of the workflow capturing the behavior that will help us investigate about the issue? It would be really helpful if you can share the OS and XD version of yoru machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reproducing your issue but couldn't. Would it be possible for you to upload your file to a shared location and share the URL with Harshika over a private message for investigation. If the file isn't confidential, you can reply to this post by sharing the URL so that the experts here can also investigate this for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Preran and Harshika and thanks for your help.

I can't believe you are not able to reproduce this issue. I just set up a test this morning which definitely illustrates it. Here is the XD file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t178yzxfql3mxij/XD%20Navigation%20Test.xd?dl=0

In this file, you'll see that I have  2 components. The first is the button component. The second is the button bar component which included the button component. The master button bar component is linked to all the pages, but when it was copied and pasted onto all the pages, all of the prototype links were lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran and Harshika. Have you guys had a chance to investigate my project and see what may be the cause of the issue? Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file with us, Palenpointe. This is the screenshot of your interactions. It looks like you have connected Page1 on canvas to the Page1 Artboard. When I preview it, it gives me hover effect on all the button bars of the Page1 but I am unable to see the other pages as the pages aren't connected to any of the button bar. 

Screenshot_1.png  

The file has 4 pages instead of 5 pages. If want page 2 to be displayed when click on button bar page2. You need to give another interaction to the Page2 bar and connect with Page2 Artboard.

Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. The master button bar component has links to all 4 pages, but when I copied it to each of the 4 pages, the link was lost. This works fine on PC as the links are maintained, but does not work on Mac.

Can you see each of the links from the hover state of each button in the button bar on the master component?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any further thoughts/acknowledgement of the hover state links not being maintained or propagated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas when this bug will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why have you dropped this? Have you tried to understand and reproduce the bug that I pointed out since I've provided more clarification for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I went through the document you shared and had the follwing observations for which you are facing the linking issue.

Observations: You have created button1 as the master component and for all other components you have created instances of the same button. Also you have created the button bar using the instances of button 1(component). Due to which, when you are linking the buttons (of the button bar which is also a component) to their respective pages it is not working for the button bar in the pages.

Solution:

1. Create 4 components of the 4 buttons (as all four will be linked to different pages)

2. Create the button bar using the instances of the four buttons and make it a component

3. Create 4 artboards

4. Add instances of the button bar to each of the four pages

5. In the assets panel, right click on button1 and select edit in master component

6. It will get directed to button 1, in the prototype mode link button 1(master component) to page 1 and do the same with all other buttona and pages

7. Now, you will be able to see that all the buttons in all the pages are linked to their respective pages.

Hope it solves your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagriti Kashyap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines