• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we get Dark Mode/Theme/Interface in Adobe XD?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my name is Waqas and i'm a UI/UX Engineer <user information removed by moderator>. I love XD like many others and i use Adobe Suite for my projects but i most of the products like Photoshop, Illustrator have dark themes whereas Adobe XD still has the basic white theme which is hard on eyes specially when working at night in a room. It will be nice to have an option to switch between night and day mode.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Hi Waqas,

Thank you for reaching out. I would suggest submitting your feedback here: Dark Interface (overall UI including side panels) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page and upvote this feature to add your voice.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you have that perception; we do spend a lot of time in UserVoice and take the feedback seriously. We've talked about this publicly: https://twitter.com/ashorten/status/1339704791451070464?s=20

To sum up, there is a fair amount of architectural work we need to do to enable dark mode in XD. We are actively working on updating our architecture to be able to handle dark mode, but as with anything this structural, it's likely going to be a long term effort. As ni

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Waqas,

Thank you for reaching out. I would suggest submitting your feedback here: Dark Interface (overall UI including side panels) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page and upvote this feature to add your voice.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is to a feedback post, marked as a feature-in-backlog almost four years ago with 2500+ votes and 350+ comments.

How many more voices have to be added for this feature to be considered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For something that is into UI design, Adobe Xd is doing a pretty poor job at it by not adding a basic dark mode.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a possibility to access a dark interface of the software? I work in Adobe Xd but i can't work much, I have eye floaters and a dark interface could help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A dark theme for Adobe Xd would be really great, specially for those who constantly use it for work.

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valentinap,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte... 

We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2600 votes. Is this not enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, black pixels are relatively more expensive than white and gray ones, so that's why Adobe really really really wants to be absolutely sure we desperately need them. They might even cause a raise in our subscription fee... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what kind of bs is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think 1 million votes, and we're getting closer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable. Adobe cannot fix the XD Interface. IT'S TOO HARD TO READ.
ITS WORTHLESS THE WAY IT IS. WORST "INTERFACE / USER EXPERIENCE" EVER. 

Just worthless!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Any update on the black theme for XD. The link which you shared I found its no use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be ignored, this feature request has been in the backlog since ***2016***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I use a "dark mode" in Windows 10 using the High Contrast color settings in the WIndows Personalization settings.  This makes many programs dark just by making window background panes dark.  But it seems as though there are only a few sparse areas that XD doesn't have covered with white.  (as seen in image)

Is there any way to utilize a dark mode in XD, or planned to happen, OR a simple enough way to change it through the developer console?  I'll be designing mockups with dark background in XD, and I'd love to have a dark workspace as well.  Thanks for any help! 

XD_BrightAf.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoyceJennings​,

Thats quite a valid point. You can search for this feature if its under progress or you can simply request for this.
Please visit
Adobe XD: Feature Requests: Top (1760 ideas) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to the feature request is broken. Here is the up-to-date link: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this feature in the backlog since 2016? I have been using Sketch for almost 3 years now wanting to adapt fully into the Adobe suite and this is the only feature of XD that keeps me with other software. I look at a screen for more than 9 hours a day doing UI work and dark mode is a life saver for my eyes. Studies suggest that continued exposure to blue light over time could lead to damaged retinal cells. This can cause vision problems like age-related macular degeneration as well as impact your circadian rhythm. Ironically, I'm currently designing UI for a company that develops treatments for nAMD and using software like XD that doesn't support dark mode feels counterintuitive to their endeavor.

Sorry for the rant. I've just really wanted to use XD, I've been following since beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only thing you can do is keep sending messages via the feedback options.

As shown in this link others are still asking the same question.

Those of us on the forum who answer questions can't help to push anything forward, the majority of us don't work for Adobe and would have to go through the same feedback channels that we direct others to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Dark mode for Adobe Xd, it literally hurts my eyes. Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you there... been a few years of asking at this point so must be close!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am eager to see a dark mode option in Adobe XD. Otherwise, I lose my eyes or need to shift to another alternative. Please Update Dark screen mode in Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenos días!

Estamos muy contentos con esta aplicación para diseñar páginas web. Nos preguntábamos si habría en algun momento la posibilidad de poner un "modo oscuro".

Gracias!

Estamos a su disposición para cualquier imprevisto relacionado con la cerrajería en Alicante y alrededores. Cerrajeros Alicante AC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I will pass on your feedback to our Product team and you can do that too by upvoting this request and sharing your comments herehttps://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How hard could this possibly be?

You are a mass company with an insane amount of resources. 

Each of your products has the potential for dark mode. 

Adobe, I love your products but you guys NEED to become better at bettering  your products. Listen to the people who CONSTANTLY use your products. 

We believe in you, but dang man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines