• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]- Fix bug request: Fundamental work with master components and their instances

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

instancee.gif

Basically, all I have is a master component  — a button with hover state. I want to reuse it because it's a component, right? But when I copy the master → create a button instance and change the text (because UI elements usually have different text labels). The label is changed only in the default state, but the hover stayed the same as its master.

It's really a nightmare to use component library when you you have to do the changes twice on every element you want to use...  these styles make prototyping useless and pain to work with because you catch all mistakes on a first try...

Tried to report the issue over twitter and was replied from adobe support to a wrong thread about nested components... Looked up on google and the issue has been reported on some hidden adobe forum nearly 5 months ago... and since bug reports on user voice is read only, it's really pain to get an answer from the dev team...

Really I don't understand how people can use components for their daily work with this bug. it's sooo frustrating, and makes all kills most of the significant features added in last year 😕 

Or am I using components as they're not meant to be used? if so, please advise how to work with them...

Thank you.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As of now, it is working as expected, however, we have received a similar request on Adobe XD UserVoice as you mentioned. I'd request you to share comments and upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-component-instance-overrides-to-be-inherited

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be im

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As of now, it is working as expected, however, we have received a similar request on Adobe XD UserVoice as you mentioned. I'd request you to share comments and upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-com...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines