• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Grouped vectors scale bug

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When scaling multiple vectors in a group with fixed proportions, the elements inside the group behave strange. This only happens when using the numbers-field, it works alright ehen using the scale-handles. I created an arrow pointing down out of two elements (line and arrow-top) and the top-part scales completely wrong.

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juliusk55710133,

I think, I understand the situation, however, I need more information about it. 

I have a couple of questions for you. When you change using the number's filed, are you adjusting both height and width separately, or they are linked together? What constraints setting are you using from responsive resize manual menu? Have you tried to turn off the responsive resize and try to change the numbers? 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh it seems I wasn't loggedin, sorry! 🙂

I just adjusted one metric: Height. I used shift and arrow keys as well just numbers on the keyboard to change them. The arrow tip didn't stay in it's place, it changed it's height as well, even when I fixed the ratio of the group. Please have a try! Create an arrow (straight line plus a second line with a corner in there) , group it and then try to scale it using the numbers while having the ratio to fixed. It won't scale proportionally, the second element, the line with the corner will change it's height draastically.

Responsive is on. Havent tried turning it off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to reproduce it, but I'm also in doubt what you're doing exactly. Please be more clear in what to do or set: height, scale, position, of just one item within the group, or the whole group ? It's still a bit unclear...

And please check and indicate the Responsive and Padding setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines