• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the app language in Adobe XD?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, sorry for my informality and english.

Not more minute ago, i have update Adobe XD, the my problem is that this is, after i have loading, it appears in Chinese or another Asian language.Cattura.PNG

How i can change languege?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Simone VIDON
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Engaged , Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Hello! Try making the following:

On Adobe XD > Menu > Last item > Item with chevron > English > Restart XD

Capturar.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out and using Adobe XD. Basically Adobe XD language can be changed from XD->Preferences->Language->Choose language and restart Adobe XD. Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link to know more about Adobe XD language subscription settings for geolocation https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/change-app-language.ug.html

Hope it helped, feel free to reach out to us if needed any further assistance and we will be happy to help..

Thanks,

Roopa Pati

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Try making the following:

On Adobe XD > Menu > Last item > Item with chevron > English > Restart XD

Capturar.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True... Sorry, thank you!

Simone VIDON

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unluckily, this is not working for me...

When I first time started up Adobe XD after installation, it was show in English, but after I created a new document, the Adobe XD was restarted automatically and show in Chinese when it started up again.

My Adobe XD "Language" menu is disabled, so I unable to change the language.

And in the Windows Language Settings, I also deleted all other languages and only kept "English (United States)" but still not able to make Adobe XD show in English.

Any other idea that I can have a try in order to use English instead? Thanks in advanced! 

Adobe XD Language Menu.png

Windows Language Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!
Thanks for the screenshots francoBits You saved my day!! Pheww

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you are able to change the language. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD.

Thank you for Franco for your contribution on this post. You did explained it well.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i just clicked to install the new update for XD and surprise, it started in Japanese even when my main language is already set up for Spanish.

already uninstalled and reainstalled but the issue persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using Windows 10? In this case please go to Region and Language Settings (open it by typing language in your Windows application menu). There you have a list of languages, they should be sorted as a priority list of your preferred languages. Spanish probably is the first in your list but it is not supported yet by XD. Probably the first supported language in your list is Japanese. Please make sure that the second language in your list is English (if this is the language you'd like to have for XD). We also support French, Deutch and Korean for the moment.

Please tell us if your problem is fixed.

Regards,

Lavinia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! my English is better than my Japanese so this is a fix for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!! It also gave me useful information. I'm now fixed!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A separate language selection inside of the application would be very much appreciated.

It simply does not make sense to hard-bind the app-language to the primary input language...

For example, my only input language is Japanese, as the japanese IME is able to input both japanese and english characters, so it's the only one I need (I do not want to add another one because of XD).

Therefore I am atm forced to use XD in japanese.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For select languages, you can do this.

1. In XD, select Help > Language, and choose the language from the menu.
  2. Quit XD and relaunch it.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOES NOT WORK ... IN THE LAST UPDATES DO NOT HAVE THE MENU HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the program is not supported in English. is it true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY, oh why... is this language setting not to be found under the Preference menu, as in all common-sense applications ?

And why doesn't it install in the language as preferred in the Adobe CC Desktop panel but in English ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were is the help button cuz I don't understand the language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is none (in the current version)!!!

If you are using windows, make sure that English(US) is your second language prefference (below the language you want to use).  XD will miraculously change to English. 

If you want to know more, read down through the full thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
This information helped me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Help menu... how utterly sh**

In Windows10 my copy launched in French while my OS is in English... Took me a while to figure out that Adobe doesn't think that English (United Kingdom) is worth supporting yet, so it took my second language/regional setting. I had to add Enlgish (USA) to the settings, and move it above French to get the English language version of XD....

Would happily sit down and have a long conversation with the numbskull who decided it was a good idea to take these settings out of the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite having set in the adobe creative cloud preferences as the default installation language English however when I install Adobe XD the program is installed in Spanish. I have already tried many times to uninstall and then reinstall Adobe XD but it is always installed in Spanish (!! ?? !!). I live in Italy. All other programs in the Creative Cloud series are regularly installed in English.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho risolto!!, ho tolto la lingua spagnola dalla lista delle lingue preferite di windows (rimane la lingua italiana ed inglese)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francesco_mazzorana,

Thank you for reaching out and we're glad to hear you are able to fix the problem with the language in XD. Adobe XD automatically download in the same language of your system so you may change the language settings of XD. Please check out Preran's reply on this post for more info: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-to-change-language-in-xd/td-p/9036378

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really have to say that I never thought I use a piece of software that automatically selects a language for you. I am in China but unfortunately I cannot read chinese characters. I do not even want to use my mother tongue language, just plain english. However, I do not have the above mentioned menu in the software and even though I have US english as primary language and I uninstalled and reinstalled the software a couple of times, it reverts back to Chinese. I have to use this funny software as my designer is using it, but if I was giving a try to the software, I would have immediately deleted it as it is totally useless. You guys make good software but I think you need to pay attention to the user friendliness of your software too.

I do not know how to change the language. I tried everything and I am a developer so I know a thing or two about computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe XD cc (beta) on windows 10. The whole application is shown in japanese, even though I have english selected as the language the apps from the creative cloud should use. Is there a way I can change the language of the software? Since I can't read japanese, I have a hard time finding any setting in the app itself.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines