• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-How to create a responsive web design grid in XD?

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Designers and Developers out there,

I want to start creating my own responsive portfolio website with XD to hand it over directly to a web developer. It should be a wide website, something like this here with a main focus on Full HD (target group is designers with hopefully good screens 🙂 😞 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/62543551/FREE-PSD-XD-DESIGNER-PORTFOLIO-TEMPLATE

After reading lots of blogs, articles etc., I still don't get what's the best grid for the biggest viewport. I want to start with the desktop website in 1920x1080px because it's the most important one I need to get out at the moment. I've read a lot about bootstrap grids that have a maximum width of round about 1366px. XD suggests that default settings:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-01 um 17.53.07.png

Is there any standard, recommandation or anything what the best settings are for my case (responsive, "desktop first", wide view)?

Thanks for your support and best regards,

Michael

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. Would you mind checking this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/how-to/setup-web-design-grid.html?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Harshika,

thanks a lot for your answer. Indeed I've seen this page and also downloaded the templates. 

But what I still don't get:

if my target group (designers) have at least Full HD or even 4K monitors - why does Bootstrap then say you should stick to 1326pixels as a maximum width? In the templates there are some that use mostly the full width of 1920px which is my goal. And of course I somehow need to design response also for lower resolutions and mobile. But which grid can I use for Full HD and up?

Thank you and best,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines