• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-How to fix the fractions in XD?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there any way to fix fractions after size and location numbers? I always have to manually delete them. Doing the "allign to pixel grid" option usually distors an icon. There is no such a problem in, let's say, Sketch. Maybe there's an option to cancel fractions alltogether?

Thank you.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble fixing fractions. If I heard you right, it looks like this is the functionality you are looking for: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17237705-toggle-between-integers-and-decimals? If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble fixing fractions. If I heard you right, it looks like this is the functionality you are looking for: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17237705-toggle-be...? If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but that article does not answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are these two separate questions?

- Fix fractions after size and location numbers - Can you provide us with more info on what you are trying to do with an example?

- Align to pixel grid distorts them - What gets distorted when doing align to pixel grid? Can you share a screenshot here?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't delete comment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing problem that shouldn't require a feature request. While resizing objects can bring along the issue of fractional pixels, this is not the main issue. The problem is that drawing a line often places it on fractional pixels, which then requires aligning to pixel grid. Drawn objects should automatically align to pixel grid. I can't think of a single user case in which random positioning on fractional pixels would be a feature. It's ridiculous to rely on feature requests to fix obvious mistakes in the software, it's getting very tedious. Read the comments on the feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I understand your concern, so let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering and product management team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I had the same issue and found an easy and best way to avoid these problems myself. whenever you are working with any design try these things.

1.  Before starting to draw any object on the artboard, press Ctrl + 1. This will bring the zoom to 100%

2. You are all set now

3. Draw anything on the artboard either a rectangle or circle or a text, you will not see any decimal values in X and Y position or Width and Height.

When we zoom in and draw any object that is the problem we get decimal values. I hope this will help. Let me know if this works 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines