Highlighted

[Design]-How to make image background transparent in XD?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, XD Newbie here.

I'm taking an online class and trying to follow along with the instructor. He wants us to drop a clipart-style image into the page and change the color. It seems easy but all my images are on an opaque white background and all his are on transparent backgrounds. It feels like this should be easy to do, please help me.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Sjaani | Adobe Community Professional

Yes SVG also allows for transparency.
If you can alter your images to png in PS then you should get the same results having transparency when importing to XD.

Topics

Design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Design]-How to make image background transparent in XD?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, XD Newbie here.

I'm taking an online class and trying to follow along with the instructor. He wants us to drop a clipart-style image into the page and change the color. It seems easy but all my images are on an opaque white background and all his are on transparent backgrounds. It feels like this should be easy to do, please help me.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Sjaani | Adobe Community Professional

If you can alter your images to png in PS then you should get the same results having transparency when importing to XD.

Topics

Design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file type are your images?
They will need to be png files for transparency.
This is something you need to set up before bringing the images into XD as XD will only alter the appearance of the whole image through the Opacity slider.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's using SVG images.

Should I just alter my images to PNG in photoshop then?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines