• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-How to release compound path in XD?

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to release compound path like in Illustrator.

Is this possible?

I need to convert font icon to path and change color of one element.

But after convert to path change background color change color of every elements.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. It does sound like a great feature request, so I will share the feedback with the Engineering Team and you can do that too here; https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only release compound paths that were created in XD itself. If you render a iconfont and want to modify parts / remove / cut-out, then I'm afraid you're out of luck. This is what I do: 1) take it back to illustrator to break it apart or (2) in XD, make several copies and edit each one to remove the parts you don't want and then you can re-combine them again in XD, where you can then have then individually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response.
I know, that I can break it apart in Adobe Illustrator.
But Adobe XD should have an option named "release compound path".
In this version of Adobe XD, there is no this option.
This is suggestion for author of the Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. It does sound like a great feature request, so I will share the feedback with the Engineering Team and you can do that too here; https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines