Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]- How to scale Components

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - new to XD so need a little help!
I have 5 x  icons on an artboard in seperate blocks and need for them all to scale together, but as they are all different, I have made them all seperate components. I realsise this is wrong because if I scale one component none of the others change. Is there a way of linking the components together! There's an example attached. Any help appreciated!

Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 12.53.25.png

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please try to group the components and turn off responsive resize and then scale and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks for the reply.

I've tried a couple of ways.

1. The top Component with all the icons will scale but each component is not in a fixed position when scaling (which I need)

2. If I group the individual Components and scale the same things happens, if I select on component from the group it scales on its own.

3. 2nd screen grab is what I need to happen.

Help!

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 09.09.20.pngScreenshot 2020-04-02 at 09.14.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the additional information. Would you mind sharing the file with me over a private message for  investigation purpose?

I will check at my end and will get back to you on this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do something about that soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not 100% sure exactly how you want them to scale, but I think you want them to scale all together proportionally. If that's the case, group them first (important), then hold Shift as you resize them and all the components should scale. 

If that's not want you want, maybe you can be more specific of how you want them to change?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan, but it doesn't... And whats the purpose of grouping a component? A component is already a group. This is really the worst! It should be a basic thing to scale proportionally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So basicly we need Illustrator like function "Transform each"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines