Highlighted

DESIGN- Inconsistent behavior when scaling master components in XD.

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a master component and two instances of it. One nested in an other component and one simply on its own (not grouped nor nested in a component). When I scale the master component without double-clicking on it (without entering edit mode) the single instance is being scaled according its master but the instance nested inside the other component isn not being scaled. Only when I reset the nested instance back to its master component the scaling is applied.

But when I first enter the edit mode of the component by double-clicking on it and then scale it all instances are being updated as expected regardless of them being nested inside an other component.

This makes no sense! Is this bug? Please make it consitent.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Topics

Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DESIGN- Inconsistent behavior when scaling master components in XD.

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a master component and two instances of it. One nested in an other component and one simply on its own (not grouped nor nested in a component). When I scale the master component without double-clicking on it (without entering edit mode) the single instance is being scaled according its master but the instance nested inside the other component isn not being scaled. Only when I reset the nested instance back to its master component the scaling is applied.

But when I first enter the edit mode of the component by double-clicking on it and then scale it all instances are being updated as expected regardless of them being nested inside an other component.

This makes no sense! Is this bug? Please make it consitent.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Topics

Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it's a bug. It treats the nested instance like it's overridden. If you go in and even just select it without changing anything, it changes to the diamond with a dot icon. I think there were other bugs with the nested components as well, so I avoid them when possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues while scaling in XD. We have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs-read-only/suggestions/38004817-nested-comp.... If you're having the similar issue, we would request you to please submit your feedback & upvote the request. 

The team has already filed a bug for the same request. You will see the improvements in the future releases of XD. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
cyrill1 LATEST
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug you mention might be connected with mine but it's not exactly the same. But they occur together for sure. See the video attached in the main message (edited).

Btw, it's not possible to upvote bug submissions on UserVoice anymore. >  Adobe XD: Bugs (Read-Only)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines