• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]- Linked components loses their connections to their states in XD

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All components that was created in external file and linked into 2nd file lose their prototype connections to states (like hovers). Yes, I've made all connections on master.

Few hours ago everything was working fine. I just had to remake some component from scratch and now every new component seems to be broken when I try to put it into my 2nd adobe xd file.

All components, that I've created before the bug happened, are working fine...

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Design , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would request if you can share a few more details:

1. The exact version of XD and the Operating System you are using.
  2. Is it happening on a specific file or on multiple files?
  3. Is it happening with nested components?
  4. Is it possible for you to share a few screenshots or a small video of the issue happening with the file if it is not confidential?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. 27.2.12.4 on Windows

2. multiple

3. No, they lose their connections only on linked ones.

So far I found workaround. I have to link assets or update them to load new created, and AFTER THAT prototype states in external file (on master) from scratch. Then after next update assets, all connection gets updated.

Problem is, what to do when i will create another file.xd where I will link assets from design-system.xd? I will have to rePrototype all assets? i.e. 100 components? That's quite s... 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amadeusz,

Thank you for sharing the details asked. We have the current version of XD (28.1). Would you mind updating XD to the current version? 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with linked compononets in a different xd document. No hover at all.

Version: 28.2.12.3 Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with linked components. Is it possible for you to share a short video of your workflow?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines