• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Masks are ignored when using the linked asset in XD.

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD version: 25.2.12.3

After Assets Panel "Update" one of my linked components became empty.

"Reset to Master State" doesn't help.

Newly copied components work as expected but that's not a solution because a lot of files are already using this component. I can't go into each file and update it manually.

Google Drive video 

EDIT: On further inspection, it seems that asset is broken on the file level. If I drag it from the assets panel - it's empty. If I copy it from the master file - it works as expected until I "Reset to Master State", then it empty again.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz_Palubicki,

Sorry you are experiencing issues with the linked components. Would you mind trying to roll back to the previous version of the file as mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find a version of the master file where the asset isn't broken. But what now?

It's a two days old file so if I link all the other files to it, all the assets added in the meantime will be missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika,

I think I was able to find a fix for myself but the issue still exists.

In the video below, you can see how the layer in the master asset is ignored. It's even more obvious after adding new layer to the master assets. Now previously "invisible" instances show up.

Google Drive video 

I think this might be related to the other issues I reported (in that case mask is being ignored layer) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

Sorry for the delay in response. We had an XD release 26.0. Would you mind confirming if you're still experiencing the issue in the latest version of XD?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My current file still has the issue.

So the update didnt fix any older assets that we may have created when this issue started to occur.

The components inquestion displayed fine on my artboard but not in the component library. When i would drag that component from the library back to another artboard that is when i had the issue.

As of one test right now i ungrouped the component in my artboard then created a new component with this same masked content that was broken. To my surprise this fixed at least in this first test. 

One of the main issues is with using XD for larger files and systems. Any component made prior will need to be remade or re-added to the library

Seems like you fixed the issue but it would have been nice to be able to fix bad components in our librarys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD version: 25.2.12.3

When I copy assets containing masks by simply copying it from the master file (and thus creating linked asset) everything works fine. But when I try to do that using linked asset (plus icon in the top right corner of the Assets panel) all the masks are being ignored.

Google Drive video 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz_Palubicki,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the details with the video. Would you mind telling us if it's happening with all the files or with this specific file? Have you tried the similar situation with any other component? and share the results with us.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika,

It happens very randomly. I haven't noticed it before the latest update but since then it's happening a lot more often.

E.g. if I do the same I did in the video within the same file and same assets, it's not happening again.

But now I'm working on different files with different assets and have the same issue - the mask layer completely disappears on update/reset (it's ok when I copy/paste from master to new file)

Cheers,

Lukas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika,

It's probably the same issue as here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-linked-components-are-showing-empty-in-xd/m-p/1086101...

It's just so happened that the "ignored" layer is a mask.

See here:

ignored-layer.png

The asset on the right is a master component but if you look at the Assets panel on the right, You can clearly see that the mask isn't there (unmasked red rectangle)

Cheers,

Lukas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for sharing the additional information. We would request you to please share the file having issues with me. You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the url with me over a private message.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a design library that has hundreds of components. Within some of the components that are button components that have a mask around it. There is a layer that has a drop shadow and then I grouped them all to make a component but when I link the assets the masks drop and everything is broken. Is anyone else having this issue? I am also noticing that when I co-edit and share the file and error happens every single time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with XD. Would you mind trying to copy & paste the asset from the master file into this file? Let us know if that helps.

We would also like to know what is the error message you are getting when you enable coediting. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, 

I'm testing a design system with Adobe and i find a bug. 

Explanation :

I have a design system document with a component (a switch button) with multi states. This switch button have a mask in it.

I have a second document where i make my design UI. 

I can copy the component from ma document One to my document Two, it's fine. But when i make change on my document one and update in document two, the mask doesn't work anymore and show all the elements that are masked in my component. 

And when i copy the swith button component from doc I to doc 2, it copy with the mask but use the same component. 

And as a result, i have two version on my design, one without the mask and the new copied tha use the mask. 

I think the child of a component doesn't use the mask anymore when we update it. We have to copy it if we want the mask.

Thansk a lot

Yerom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for using Adobe Xd and reporting bug: Please review this comvertion and find out any solution (if possible) for solving your problrm (if it possible) 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bug-components-not-updating-properly/m-p/10547459#M15122

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yeron,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with mask being ignored in linked components. We have seen a similar discussion happening here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-linked-components-are-showing-empty-in-xd/m-p/1086313...   Could you please check if you're facing the same issue?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika,

Any updates on this? I've sent you a private message but never heard back.

Cheers,

Lukas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the issue. Would you mind sharing the file with me over a private message in order to test at our end? You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the url with me.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tested in in the latest version of XD on my Mac, and with the same buggy result. A component of a masked set of shapes, copies fine from file to file, but when using the Link Assets button, the shapes show up without the mask. However, the selection does show the bounding box of the mask... Strange behavior !

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-17 om 21.21.31.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-01-17 om 21.21.59.png

But as I took a closer look at the original Master Component, I noticed that the appearance of the icon was already wrong. Though it manually copied correctly into the other file. Using it in its own file, it was immediately wrong. It's getting stranger...

Deleting the component, and recreating it, took care of the problem. But a few minutes later I was able to reproduce a similar problem ! This time the original component looked okay, but turned out wrong again in the freshly linked assets in the other file.

Too strange...

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-17 om 21.30.33.png

Might the versioning be messing it up ? It seems as if the cloud resource of the Master Component's content is being derived and spread from an earlier or intermediate stage or somehow incomplete version of the involved elements. While the plain copy is using the actual (local and correct) content of the component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the file. I have raised a bug for this issue and will update you as soon I hear from the team. We are sorry for the inconevenience.

Thank you Peter for sharing your obeservation. I will share the similar observation with our team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. Started today

version 25.3.12.1

created multiple components in designs system with masks..

The master component on the stage look fine and can be copy and pasted fine.

But if i use the assets panel and drag a new instance of that component on the artboards or pasteboard it doesnt honor the mask. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 5.08.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines